Options

Detroit Boat Show

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Hey guys - Heading down to the Detroit Boat Show tonight after work. Going to take a gander at the new and used offerings (just curious as to whats out there). But mainly going down to get some maintenance items along with seeing the custom graphics designer to get graphic for my 280. 
There are also going to bE numerous places that do canvas work. Was wondering if anyone (Great Lake area) knew of any places that do good, reputable work at a good price?  Just curious 
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What canvas do you need?
  • Options
    @Handymans342 I am one of the lucky guys to get a 2007 280 which included Rinker designing the bimini to go under the radar arch rather than zip to it which makes it a nightmare to take down and put up. I want to get some eisenglass cut outs so I can install the LED lights in the radar arch
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

Show was pretty good this year.  Nothing used at this show (that's the fall Metro Beach show).  Several open bow/cabin crossover boats which is what I might go with for my next boat... but they are soooo expensive.  TONs of Pontoons and jet skis.  Quite a few "big fishing" style boats this year.  The new 40 Sundancer was nice, and I quite like the Jeanneau boats that are finally here!

Hideaway Yacht Sales has most every Rinker model (no 260s though!).  They had already sold a couple of 360s and several 310s by Sunday! (along with other models)

I always go looking to upgrade to something larger/different than my 2014 260EC.  Once again, I came away thinking there's nothing I would rather have unless I wanted to spend more than double the purchase price of what I paid for my boat.  Honestly.. it's kind of a good feeling!  B)  Maybe a used Formula 330/350 Sun Sport size/type boat in my future.

-=Mike G. (yeah.. I'm still around  ;)  )

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Get a used 342
  • Options
    @Mike_G same thing here. I almost got convinced to pull the trigger on a new 2016 310 with a hardtop upgrade for free. 

I was talking with the sales manager and he said that Bennington has hired back most of the old Rinker designers that were there before Nautic (sp) bought Rinke years ago. I am kind of excited to see where Rinker is headed!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We'll be headed down there this weekend.  Not in the market for anything, just like to go and look around.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options

That's cool about the designers coming back.  I do like the looks of the Rinkers and the way the hulls seem to run in the water (kind of "sporty" for a cruiser, and efficient).  I'll probably be looking in 2017 or 2018 for a new boat.. might just be another Rinker!  B) -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    I am definitely buying another Rinker. I was looking last night and comparing the options you get with Rinker vs the prices of other boats with the same options and the difference is obnoxious. 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    jme097 said:
    I am definitely buying another Rinker. I was looking last night and comparing the options you get with Rinker vs the prices of other boats with the same options and the difference is obnoxious. 
    No kidding.  I love showing my boat to SeaRay owners.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @StodgeI have a buddy who has a 280 Sundancer. Everytime i get on his boat I just feel like its cheaply made. Especially the swim platform. Everytime a wave hits it, feels so weak.  He also  have two 4.6L's powering it and it still feels weak
  • Options
    The swim platforms on the Rinkers, especially since 2008 when they made them part of the mold itself, are awesome.  The super sturdy, and long boarding ladders are really nice when compared to other boats too.  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    I kind of like my removable platform in case repairs are needed
  • Options
    I kind of like my removable platform in case repairs are needed

Hmm.. good point.  I don't have any experience with removable ones on the Rinkers.  Some others feel less stable, plus they have bars that screw into the hull below the water line.  My first boat back in the mid 90s was a 1990 Bayliner with a similar setup and my experience was less than perfect.  Of course.. quite a few things with that boat were less than perfect..  ;) -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC