2003 270 Fiesta Vee dash board

ghbpiperghbpiper Posts: 10Member ✭✭
I'm in the process of having the faux wood dash board faces redone and would like to have the rocker switch Id's screen printed on. The original one is faded and I cannot make out any of the words is there anyone in this forum that can help me with this.

thanks,
jt

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 7,283Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are worn off too Stodge
  • StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 2,291Member ✭✭✭✭
    The last one is blank, but you might be able to figure out the rest between the remaining text and the symbol.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 4,918Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with mine and I'm guessing the last one is blank for an accessory? I would love to find new covers for mine as well and will watch this for further info...short of that, get the old tape gun thing out that you can do labels is about all I could think of as I don't use the switches enough to remember what does what !
  • ghbpiperghbpiper Posts: 10Member ✭✭
    PERFECT! Thanks so much it will help out a lot.
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,173Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the last switch is an accessory... Here is a picture of mine(I'm in the process of searching for new actuators too). 

This is is the website that I found the best options with. They're a little expensive at $10 each, but they look really nice. https://rockerswitchpros.com/product/custom-rocker-switch-actuator/
    I used a dymo label maker and tape that prints white on clear to make labels to put on the dash.  Not the very best solution (glowing would be better than white) but it does the trick.

yeah, that's a tuff one...
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,847Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a Sea Ray parts site, but they have the switch covers that you may need...

http://www.searay-parts.com/Switch-s/34.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=34&show=40&page=2

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • frenchshipfrenchship Québec ,CanadaPosts: 1,079Member ✭✭✭
    You could actually by the actuator only they go for about 3~ 4$ each.
    newwiremarine .com
  • andydandyd Dana Point, California, USAPosts: 597Member ✭✭✭
    I have a warning sticker about the transom door on my engine hatch switch too. Very smart! :smile:
    Andy
  • MissLee2005MissLee2005 Posts: 6Member
    Not a fan of the faux wood look finish dashboard has anyone replaced the dash with alternative colour scheme?, carbon Fibre?, Black?
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,847Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the faux wood look finish dashboard has anyone replaced the dash with alternative colour scheme?, carbon Fibre?, Black?
    Some owners have had their dash wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Charleston, SCPosts: 465Member ✭✭✭
    There's a place here on Folly Beach (James Island maybe) that does it cheap - I figured under $100 for all new covers with nice labels and graphics. Just haven't pulled the trigger - I was hoping to use the last blank switches first.

https://newwiremarine.com/
    I got rid of my old dashboard pieces after I rebuilt mine... if I still had them I would be able to use them as a template and reproduce them on 1/4” thick black Marine Starboard. 
    My new dash was made out of starboard.  But the guy who made it had my old dash as a template.  

I’ll Look around, can’t remember if I made a template from old dash...
    You can always improvise on a new dash. I got rid of the speedo and tachs and put the vessel view and GPS in the dash.  

Stodge said:
    You can always improvise on a new dash. I got rid of the speedo and tachs and put the vessel view and GPS in the dash.  
    Me too... built a fiberglass mount for the VesselView 4
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,461Member ✭✭✭✭
    Clean, looks better with out gauges 
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
    Wow, that looks great!
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Lexington, KYPosts: 232Member ✭✭✭
    If anyone needs the 270 factory dash panels for a template, I have mine I could send ya. @diggin2day1 inspired me to go full digital. I’m in the process of making a new lower panel from starboard

• 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Lexington, KYPosts: 232Member ✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    Me too... built a fiberglass mount for the VesselView 4
    Diggin, do you remember where the radio power wire is? I’d love to run mine to a switch instead of the key on option currently 
    @04FV270riverrat - I honestly don’t remember if I ran the wire or if it was behind the dash panel...