Options

Rinker320 hull specs

I am building a trailer for a 320 that I am going to pick up in a month. Does anyone know where I could get some hull specs? 

Comments

• Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    What in particular were you looking for? I trailer my 2008 320 and can maybe help you out. I checked the 2008 Rinker brochure for the 320 and all it has is that the hull has an "18 degree deadrise" which doesn't really help you much.
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I found a trailer for 6900 Canadian. Pretty good deal for a 2014
  • Options
    Just an FYI - I bought my trailer used as well and it is a bunk type trailer with 2 bunks that support the stern and side hull about 20 feet. 
    My trailer is 40' long with 18K capacity with torsion suspension and drum brakes on all six wheels with the piston type brake actuator.
    There is a secondary set of bunks that supports the bow and then you have the bow roller support stanchion. It took a little adjusting to get the boat supported correctly and get the weight set correctly. What I did was I moved the stanchion as far forward as I could then set the two rear bunks all the way to the sides of the trailer (max width of the bunks) then lowered the front bunks down. I then loaded the boat on the trailer with the stern about 18" past the leading edge of the bunks. Then moved the stanchion forward to the bow eye, adjusted the bow roller up to where it met the bow eye, tightened everything down, put a 6" ratcheting strap on the bow eye to the trailer then slowly pulled the boat out. Then checked the tongue weight (kind of guessed at this - mainly looked at the truck to see how much is was sagging) and then took a floor jack under the forward bunks and lifted them up to support the bow section of the hull, tightened it up and took it for a short test. Had to do this process a couple of times to get it right but it was worth the effort since I can haul going around 70 pretty easily - not that I routinely haul that fast. Usually I go around 60-65 mph. 
    My tow vehicle is a 2003 Ford F-250 4x4 with the 7.3 Diesel - plenty of torque and power to pull my boat which is around 15K with fuel, etc.

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beast boat and truck!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    .... and matching colors too! 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Is that a 310?? Any special find of permits for that beam?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    @jme097 - I have a 2008 320. I do have to get wide load permits when I tow since the 320 has an 11' 4" beam. Permits are about $30 each time I tow. Height of the boat on the trailer (with radome removed) is 12'10" and max legal towing height is 13'6".
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Wonder what the max beam width is that you have to permit. Would probably vary by state. I want to scoop a 310 in a couple years and would love to get a trailer for storing purposes. The 310 has a 10'6'' beam. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8.5 is the max before permit is needed
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    We needed to have our 342 transported from Titusville in FL across the state to our home port in Palmetto/Bradenton due to Volvo outdrive failure.  On the good luck side of that move, there was a boat hauler that could accommodate us right there on the spot.  He loaded us up and was on his way by mid afternoon.  We followed in a rental car so were able to admire our boat while she was traveling down the highway at 65-70 MPH.

For this transport, we needed no permits for this particular route.  All the driver needed to do was to attach a "wide load" sign to the back of the trailer.  12 feet zero is the limit and he measured the widest spot of the boat just to be sure.  12 feet zero it was.

This was an untimely end to our second time version of the "Great Loop." 

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I know in Canada, 13'6" is the max height allowed.When I get into BC there are some "snowshed" tunnels that are about 14' high. The max width without a permit is 8'6",and over that up to 10'6" needs flags, anything between 10'6"  and 11'6 needs wide load signs,flags and beacons, and over 11'6" is all of the previous stuff and a pilot car. That is one of the reasons we bought the 320 is that it won't need a pilot car. Permits and beacons are ok,but a pilot car would be too much of a pain.I wish winter would end over there so I could go and get it!! It sure is nice here in the west!

• Options
    That is convenient. I will have to get a separate permit for each province when I drag mine home at the end of the month

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I needed permits to bring my 280EC back from Baltimore. At 9'1", it was just over the limit, but I wanted to be safe since I was out of state. I used Mercury Permits. They had a special for BoatU.S. members.

http://www.mercurypermits.net/8-boat-us/6-welcome-boat-us-members

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the overall height of a 2013 310EC without a trailer?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I know that your EC 310 was trucked from the Rinker Factory in Indiana to Portland, Ontario with it's hard top on.....it should be able to go back from T.O. to Chicago/Indiana?
  • Options
    big day tomorrow. Have the trailer hooked up to the truck,just need the boat now
  • Options
    Great looking rig!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Micheal. Going to look better with a boat on it going down the road! 4100kms is going to be a bit of a haul.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hva e a safe trip
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    4100kms done. Home sweet home. Dodge towed her like a champ. Gotta love the exhaust brake in the mountains!

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! get her ready! lookin good!
    Boat Name : 

• Options
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steevo - I am guessing that is the 320 that was in the Southern Georgian Bay, Ontario for sale and sold in Feb to a guy in Western Canada? Those dinghy davits give it away :)  I talked to that broker just after you sealed the deal.You got a great deal, congrats! Awesome looking set up. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Liberty
     Yes it was,and the price was right for me. He had said that there was quite a bit of interest in it. When I talked to him January,I said "should I put a deposit on it right now? How many boats do you sell in the middle of winter?" Now that I have it home,cleaned up,polished, and ready to go in the water, I can see how good of a deal I go on it. The scratches that were on it all polished out,and the interior cleaned up like new. The broker,Don Allin, and the previous owner helped me load it up when I picked it up. Both great guys! Would definitely buy with that broker again.