Options

Need help identifying this 1971 Rinkerbuilt model

It is listed as a 1971 Rinkerbuilt. The hull plate is unreadable since it sat outdoors probably its whole life. it is 14 foot length. I was told that there was also a different model that had smooth sides. Thank you for your help. Working on doing a light resto on it.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is so cool. Is the gel coat I'm as good a condition as it looks?
  • Options
    71Rinkerbuilt71Rinkerbuilt Member Posts: 2
    It was repainted. The original colors were sky blue on top and white lower. I found only one other pic of the same boat that was resto-ed on craigslist (in michigan of all places)

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't know what it is but its neat! the nada only goes back to 75 at that time they had a 14 ft model called rebal. nice project
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    dagaziodagazio Member Posts: 2
    I just brought home that exact same boat (second picture). It has original gel that I'm going to refresh, but not before I fix all the structural issues of the rot. I'm going to look at it more detail, my plate was pretty worn and after I brought it home, I had to run to work. I'll look this weekend.
  • Options
    dagaziodagazio Member Posts: 2
    I got to look at my plate. It says, Model: 14 that's all - what a let down, but it also says Rated HP: 50 I'll have to double check that. Seems like a lot. I have no motor right now, I'm looking for a 25 I think. I won't need it for a while though.