Options

things that make you go hmm and I aint asking

2»

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little worried about that too 06, but my friends will all be "out there" so sitting on the boat at the seawall is not as much fun.  I do have good dock neighbors at the marina, but my group of friends spans several marinas.  Part of that is due to the local boating forum (lakestclair.net) where I met MANY boaters.  And part is due to our boat club.  We started boating with an 18 footer on a trailer.  When we jumped to a 280 we had to make the switch to marina boating.  But our circle of friends was already started.  For us, getting away isn't going to the marina, it's being on the hook. :)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod

So Patrick, have you made up your mind on any new marinas in my area?  I'm betting you'd really enjoy the one we are in if you can get over not having a roof. I also agree that if I had it in my backyard I may not use it as much, or just the fact that I'd have more water toys would keep use a bit less.  I'd love to have a hobie cat, few jet skis, maybe a small hydroplane....ah, good thing I'm not right on the water.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We are looking to trade in our 12 RIB for a 16 foot center console.  But that would be more of a weekday boat.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Dream I have decided to stay for another year in CB.  However, I gotta tell you having the boat that far during the winter time really took a toll on me this year.

Although I do agree that I would love your marina, I just cant get over not having a cover with this size boat.  I think I have looked at, via the internet, at about 75% of the marinas in our area and nothing has jumped out at me.  I think if I moved I would want to be in Annapolis, as we are thinking of moving there one day.  Also where my wedding is happening.  I also love the community of Colonial Beach.  I think if I lost the beaches, shopping, fun restaurants, festivals and sand bars the admiral might not be wanting to come as often.  Ill admit, I love all that too, minus the shopping.   

Stodge made me remember something I wanted to talk with you and @LaRea about.  I have found sailboat clubs around here, on MeetUp, but no power boating.  Was thinking about making a club.  Maybe you know of one.  They do events all year round, which I would like for winter time especially.  We can PM if interested.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Just a question slightly off topic.  Anyone know the name of the yacht club Captain Kurt Carlson was a member of in New Jersey?  He is one of my nautical heros.