Options

Fiberglass/Aluminum Radar Arch

Hey everyone, new to this forum. Just purchased my first Rinker this past fall after seeing how nice a friends 260 was. Mine is a 98' Fiesta Vee 280, Blue hull, Full canvas camper enclosure. I am seeing pictures of other Rinkers that from what I can tell start at the 290 where it has a factory radar arch integrated into the canvas top. I want to put an arch on mine as well and have the canvas redone on the front to integrate it into the top as well with the front canvas glass. Does anyone know where I can get one of these archs, I will be open to either fiberglass or aluminum, depending on cost and weight. I just want to have some place to put my radar, gps, and other essentials that wont clutter up the deck.

Thanks in advance!
Greg

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That year 280 had a Stainless steel tube style arch. At the marina that I dock at, there is a 280 with an arch. I will try to get some pictures for you. Great Lakes Skipper has some painted aluminum ones that you might be able to modify to fit your boat. @Alswagg might know where the stainless ones were manufactured. They might be able to make one up for you.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 97 280 without an arch.  The factory option was the tubular type.  Really didn't miss having it.  I've seen other vendors selling the tubular arches that should fit the 280.  Good luck and enjoy the boat.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Cucino2803Cucino2803 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions. Cableguy I have seen the ones on Great Lakes, they have the white aluminum arch's, I am sure I can get one to fit depending on anchor style with the arch, I just need to do some measuring first. I am leaning much more towards the enclosed aluminum ones, compared to the tubular aluminum arch's.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fiberglass arches are far heavier than then aluminum ones and would likely be harder to attach in an after market application as ,IMO, much stronger tie-ins would be required. I think either tubular, probably the lightest, or aluminum would be better and easier to install. Probably less expensive too.
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Fish on Sports makes an excellent aftermarket anodized aluminum radar arch. I have one on my FV250 and love it. www.fishonsports.com
    Andy