Options

Spring Tune-ups - Some Part numbers

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just downloaded my parts lists for Fall/Spring tune-ups. Some of this may be helpful? I use semi synthetic Mercruiser oil. Mercruiser High Efficiency oil filters 35-858004K, Generation lll cool fuel filters: large filter 35-8M0093688 + small pre-filter 35-892665, Plasatic wear pads for drives that snap onto the sides of the stern drives = Quicksilver 805261A (package of 2), Quicksilver raw water impeller (Blll) 47-8622A2, Strainer bowl for generator and some HVACs purchase at www.vacmotion.com SB-R-CN regular clear nylon bowl + rubber gasket for strainer bowl SG-R-E Regular EPDM gasket, Strainer mesh insert from Pentair Shurflow 94-726-00 50  micron screen. For anyone wishing to up-grade their strainers I recommend Forespar (O.E.M) for Mastercraft boats) I used Forespar model T 150  906166 with fine mesh strainer 920265 .....you can reach Forespar via Linda Stanley at 1-800-266-8820. I have other parts lists for our maintenance that I'll post as I find them. Hope this helps someone. Spring is coming YAHOO!

Comments

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Michael T what are the plastic wear pads you're referring to?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options

On either side of your upper drive  under the guides that are part of the transom assembly are two small shim-like plastic pieces about 1" wide x 2" long x 1/8' thick. They snap on and off the upper part of the drive and function as wear "pads" to prevent metal on metal contact at that point.

I'll see if I can find a picture of one of my drives that I took at winterization this year. I just use a flat screw driver to pop them off and snap new ones on. This isn't something that has to be done every year.

I did one drive as one of the pads showed a bit of wear and  I HAD to do the other as the tech broke a piece off when he was putting the other drive back on after removing it to check the engine alignment. 

BTW I check the engine alignment every year and I do mean I check it as I personally check to see how easily the alignment tool slides into the alignment hole. BTW you should be able to slide the tool in and out with two fingers - no jokes from you guys LOL!

• Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Omg thanks so much for the list! I have been looking for the filter bowl for the air conditioner on my 2005 270 Fiesta for ever. Question is the bowl a standard size in all Rinkers (SB-R-CN). Also I have a mesh filter in the filter bowl.  Is the pentiar surflow from vacmotion.com also? Do I need more than a mesh filter? Do you have part number for the mesh filter? 
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'll start digging. I purchased a new bowl, rubber (epdm) gasket and mesh screen. Yeah, I spent a lot of time on the internet then on the phone.  Shurflo/Pentair who made my strainer unit referred me to vacmotion for parts. I'll dig-up some PNs.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Here's what I have: I bought most of the parts at www.vacmotion.com

Clear Nylon Bowl SB-R-CN

Regular EPDM gasket (red in color) SG-R-E

80 Micron Screen SE-R-100SS

I also bought another screen because I think the 80 micron screen might be too fine and clog-up to fast. I can't remember if I bought it from vacmotion or from Shurflo/Pentair.

Anyway, the package said Pentair and below in finer print it says Shurflo. The PN is 94-726-00 and it was called a 50 mesh Screen Kit

OR - If you go to www.vacmotion.com or telephone them I think that you will find that you can buy screens that are not as fine as the 80 micron one. If I remember correctly they have a selection of meshes.

I included a picture of the damaged bowl I had to replace. Despite being asked to by me the tech did not remove and wash my strainer bowl after winterizing my generator and the antifreeze in it made it opaque so I couldn't see through it!

Remember you can click on the pictures and move about them with your cursor if you want to "zoom in" on anything.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can do more!

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the rapid response. I have this filter set up for my air conditioner. I don't have a generator. It looks exactly like the ac filter set up. Does your boat have ac Michael T? If so is it the same filter as generators?
  • Options
    @laureniac1 yes, my AC still uses the filter you have. I had the same one on my generator too but replaced it. You may not have read an earlier post by me about strainers but I swapped out the strainer for my generator for a Forespar T 150. The original filter was doing a good job but where it was positioned meant the techs were stepping on it every time they went into the engine bay. After a few were broken and a few more had to be repaired and still leaked anyway I bought a more robust strainer (Forespar T 150) and mounted it more out of the way.....and warned the techs to stay off it LOL
  • Options
    Again my thanks! Will be down at the lake tomorrow going to pull of filter and measure it. I pulled the specs of the bowl size off vacmotion web site.  I can't believe more people have not responded to your post. I have been trying to find a replacement for years.
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:

Here's what I have: I bought most of the parts at www.vacmotion.com

Clear Nylon Bowl SB-R-CN

Regular EPDM gasket (red in color) SG-R-E

80 Micron Screen SE-R-100SS

I also bought another screen because I think the 80 micron screen might be too fine and clog-up to fast. I can't remember if I bought it from vacmotion or from Shurflo/Pentair.

Anyway, the package said Pentair and below in finer print it says Shurflo. The PN is 94-726-00 and it was called a 50 mesh Screen Kit

OR - If you go to www.vacmotion.com or telephone them I think that you will find that you can buy screens that are not as fine as the 80 micron one. If I remember correctly they have a selection of meshes.

I included a picture of the damaged bowl I had to replace. Despite being asked to by me the tech did not remove and wash my strainer bowl after winterizing my generator and the antifreeze in it made it opaque so I couldn't see through it!

Remember you can click on the pictures and move about them with your cursor if you want to "zoom in" on anything.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can do more!

Thanks! My a/c one is also cloudy, will be nice to replace it.

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really appreciate this info MT! I was about to pay $40 for an entire new A/C strainer assembly from an online marine store. Can get the parts I need from vacmotion for $13 delivered. Glorious! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Glad to be of service @Liberty44140, @BellevilleMXZ and @laureniac1....every bit helps, right?