Options

Upgrading the stereo's keypad

love2cruiselove2cruise Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
Hi Guys.

The weather is turning for the better here in Toronto so I'm getting excited for the next boating season.

I have a stock (from what I assumed) Sony stereo system with 2 keypads (1 on helm and 1 by swim platform-shown below) on our 2004 - 270 FV. The one on the helm sticks all the time so I would like to replace it with a digital readout to know what station I'm listening to. I believe the original is a RINKER CPS SRC1B SONY KEY PAD and I would like to replace with with something similar below like a Sony RMX60M Wired Remote.  My question is are the compatible or would I need to get a whole new system as the current system will not support a digital readout? The current stereo works fine and we're not looking for a loud booming system, so I'm looking for the most economical solution.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Original keypad:

Maybe to something like this:

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have same problem, neither remotes work, the PO had changed the receiver to a kenwood KDC-BT362U. Was wanting to buy remotes to replace the old ones. After reading the manual. to find out what was compatable. Or if the unit was compatable with remotes? Some units are not. I found that I could use my
    I phone the control the unit. So thats what were going to try. instead of changing remotes. (have not tryed it yet)
    Let us know what you find out.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Not compatible, you're going to have to upgrade your radio/deck in order to have the remotes work. I just upgraded all my original Sony to Kenwood, really happy with their marine remotes.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I hve the RMX60M in my 2013 from the factory with a Sony CDX-M30 headuni. Sony calls the cable/connection the Commander I believe, so find a headunit with that port installed (they dont all have it), and you'll be good to go.

I will at some point upgrade the headunit for built-in bluetooth and better equalizer.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3