Options

Chesapeake Bay Boaters, It's time!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    I'd love to get a student with a Panamera one of these days.  One perk of being a track instructor -- I get to ride in a lot of nice cars!
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    nice rides!  last summer I picked up my new daily driver, an A5 convertible.  it is only the 2.0T, but I love driving with the top down to/from work every chance I get.
    audi.jpg 840.4K
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    oh yeah, and for that boating thing, hoping to get down there by the end of the month/early april and get her cleaned up and ready to go.  I can almost taste it now!
  • Options
    Nice ride!

I splashed the boat Thursday, and had a nice cruise Friday night with some friends.  We had the river all to ourselves.  Boat's running great.  I have restored balance to the universe.  Winter is over!
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    ah!! LaRae so jealous, I am hoping for next Thursday.  I bet you had a wonderful Friday night.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I wish I was launching in March ahaha. Gah. LOL

Hoping to pull her out of storage next weekend!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    I'm debating on taking off the shrink soon myself!  Want to change the oil before the season starts.  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Mike_G I wanted to pull it out this weekend and get started on my projects but the temps are dropping back into the 40's!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Water's still 52°F ... I would not last long if I fell overboard.

The Admiral has some time off work next week, and we're going to DC this weekend to see the cherry blossums.  That's going to be nice!
  • Options
    Going by boat LaRea?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Definitely!  Best way to see them.
  • Options
    I bet thats amazing.  Also get to avoid the crazy crowds!  Ill have to try that one year.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a story about those blossoms as they are not native....can't remember all the details but there was this woman that wanted to get them planted.....I think she was hitting the Army Corps or someone in congress- she be friended a first lady who got with the pres at the time and we now have the darn things everywhere...was an interesting story and sorry I forgot the details...she worked at this for like 20 years which is why I thought so interesting.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took the family there in 2006, it was later in the month, 30&31st. It was a site to see. If you get a chance go to the Jefferson Memorial. Thats was the best display of cherry blossoms. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Mike_G said:
    I'm debating on taking off the shrink soon myself!  Want to change the oil before the season starts.  -=Mike G.
    I thought the oil should be changed when the boat is laid up for the winter. Old oil gets acidic and could cause problems. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Nice ride!

I splashed the boat Thursday, and had a nice cruise Friday night with some friends.  We had the river all to ourselves.  Boat's running great.  I have restored balance to the universe.  Winter is over!
    You da man! thank you for restoring balance to the universe. LOL
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Mike_G said:
    I thought the oil should be changed when the boat is laid up for the winter. Old oil gets acidic and could cause problems. 
    Yeah.. I agree.  I had done an oil change less than 10 hours (engine time) before then though, so I decided to let it sit over the winter and start fresh in the spring.  Bad choice?  Hope not.  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I was going to pull my shrink wrap this weekend but it looks like we might get a Noreaster.  I sure hope it goes out to sea and misses us completely...  Many projects I need to finish.  The weather prior to this week has been great in CT.  Pretty much 60's the past two weeks, with a record breaking 82 degree day a week ago.  High of 30 on Saturday...  I was able to finish sanding and painting my bottom last week, which was a big task on the list...