Captiva 232 BR bimini size

Skippy79Skippy79 Member Posts: 29
Can anyone tell me what the height is of the bimini on a captiva 232? I'm looking at ordering one online and I know from experience that if the bimini is too tall it looks stupid, and don't want that ;)

cheers

Comments

• partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I went with a 46 inch tall set up on my 232. I am not sure what the stock OEM bimini height was. Here is a photo for reference. Most bimini manufacturers offer 36-38", 46" and 54" options. I agree with you that is they are too tall they look funny. I am 6'1" so I opted for the 46" which I think looks great. Keep in mind the poles can easily be cut with a hack saw to any length desired. One of my friends has a Baja but he wanted something taller than the 38" but shorter than 46", four simple cuts and reinstall the hardware and he has a 42" bimini.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the older 232's, the factory bimini was short. It actually connected to the windshield. There was no standing under it at all. My old 232 came with it and the curtains to make it a camper top. It was nice if you got caught in the rain, but that was about it. I ended up purchasing a 46" bimini thru iboats dot com with sunbrella that matched my cover. It was a nice addition for hot days.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • NemoNemo Member Posts: 4
    Do you happen to know what the width size was?  We have just bought a 1995 232 Bowrider and it doesn't have a bimini top.  It has the original mounts on the windshield area.  Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  thanks so much.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one that I got for my 98 232cc was the one that was 79-84" wide and 5 foot long and 30" high. It mounted to the factory windshield location. I got it in Sunbrella from iboats.com.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!