Options

Beautiful New Marina

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an area that BellevilleMXZ and I boat in. This is a new marina that the Admiral and I visited last year - and we'll be back this year. It has super wide new docks a 20 foot wide cement break water that encloses it. Free washers and dryers and showers, fresh water that has limiting valves on each outlet to protect your boats water inlet and way more.

If interested google Trenton Municipal Marina, click on Trent Port Marina -The City Of Quinte West. Once on the site you can click on a video or click on picture folios.

BTW, the slip renters have good taste as at one point I counted 20 Rinkers. I think they had 200+ slips and there was such demand that they are adding another 200 or so.

Anyway thought you guys might enjoy it. BTW it's prices are already about 20% better than nearby marinas, can you imagine the deal for you guys with your strong dollar! LOL

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are they charging for summer slippage?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    You're WAY out East. :)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    edited March 2016

@MarkB not sure of the exact price Mark but it was a fair bit less than my home marina and their overnight rental for transient boaters was almost half the price of what my home marina charges..... and as the video showed free use of brand new washers/dryers, showers, WiFi and the lounges. It has a restaurant and bar. The docks are crazy wide. main docks 20 feet wide individual finger docks ahd to be 4 feet wide. An awesome Marina.The boating in the area is amazing!

@Stodge, yes I'm at the eastern entrance to Lake Ontario.....but there are1800 islands in the area with too many safe anchorages to count and wide open stretches of water too. It is right on the border with the US so we can shoot over for some MGD and you guys can come over for a 35% discount on...well, everything! LOL  BTW I have been boating on Lake St. Clair two years ago when I took out a Rinker 360 with twin 496 Mags that was for sale. Question is Lake St. Clair shallow everywhere or just where I was on the Canadian side?

• Options
    We make the trip up to Sarnia or Grand Bend here and there.  We've not at all far from Windsor.  There is a little marina off the Thames River called The Cove that we are over due to visit.  

• Options
    Well brother if your money holds it's present value that would be a real bonus. A bigger gallon of gas for 35% off and cold beers at 35% off! LOL
  • Options
    The currency exchange rate was nice at the Toronto Boat Show too.  :)

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Yes VERY nice Marina....Nice restaurants around there too. Tomassos is the bomb for Italian food! 
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    @BMXZ our son Jason went to school with the owner's son who now runs the restaurant. He dropped by our table last summer and bought us a round. Huge restaurant, great outside bar and fabulous food. We'll be back next summer. Met a couple of boat fulls of Americans from Alexandria Bay there too.
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    @BMXZ our son Jason went to school with the owner's son who now runs the restaurant. He dropped by our table last summer and bought us a round. Huge restaurant, great outside bar and fabulous food. We'll be back next summer. Met a couple of boat fulls of Americans from Alexandria Bay there too.

Nice can't beat that !
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    On our 2010 loop trip, we stayed for a couple of nights at the Lake Ontario end of the Trent waterway, within sight of the famous bridge that has the beautiful sign that says "WELCOME TO THE TRENT SEVERN WATERWAY."  I think that was the wording.  I wish I could remember the name of the marina.  I will look it up when I get the chance.  The dock master/manager of the marina was pretty domineering and did not take very well to suggestions.  But he was skillful in the placement of boats.  He could look at an incoming boat and select a dock for it that had maybe 5 feet to spare on each end and get him in there.

That was the beginning of the prettiest part of our trip.
  • Options
    Does the name Fraser Park Marina ring a bell. It had a "spirited" dock master that was reportedly bumped into the water "by mistake" once by a boater :-) It is no longer in business.
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:

BTW I have been boating on Lake St. Clair two years ago when I took out a Rinker 360 with twin 496 Mags that was for sale. Question is Lake St. Clair shallow everywhere or just where I was on the Canadian side?

The Canadian side is VERY shallow and a little "weedy" from what I experienced. I pretty much avoid that side of the lake.  That being said, most of the large bays on the US side are fairly shallow as well.  Last year with the deep water, you're 360 would have been fine in the big bays with a little care.  It's a pretty lake, the water is blue-green and pretty clear when the sun is out.  You can see down to the bottom in 6' of water easily (polarized glasses).  There are lots of shallow areas with clean sandy bottom, so lots of places to hang out in waist - chest deep water and stays sandy to less than that. I found a couple of nice places to eat and drink last year as well.  I would say that unless you get to the US side, and especially the North half of the lake, you are missing out.

We'll see how the water levels go this year.  If they are down a foot, you would have to look at the charts to be sure you enter some of the bays/channels in deep enough water.  I hope to venture into Lake Erie this year.  I think my boat will be big enough.  I only know of Put In bay though.  I've seen some cool video of lake Huron on the Canadian side, but I think I'd have to watch the weather for my boat to make the trip.  I need to get more experience, but for my first full year with a decent boat, I had a blast!  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    MT, it all adds up.  I think that was the "where" as well as the "who."