Options

1995 Rinker Fiesta Vee 280 water hook up question

zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

When at the dock do they sell a garden hose adapter that goes into the water holding tank neck fill? It would be nice to run the water when at the dock or traveling. This way I don't have to drag the hose each time to fill the tank to flush or to use. I did notice in the bilge there is a water hook up going into the strainer from the tank. Can I use that and at that it seems like a PITA getting the hose down inside the bilge every time I am hooking up.

This week I am going to start servicing the drives and hitting all the Zerk fittings then I will do the engine oil and filters. Including the fuel filters. Big bonus I see is 95 has electric fuel pumps Vs. old school mechanical fuel pumps that require lots of priming.

I usually run Penzoil HD30 oil. I have never had any issues on any of my boats running this oil. If anything it runs higher psi and quiets the engine.

Then I will do my normal sea worthy inspections. Bilge pumps, blowers, lights etc. From there its all about cleaning and getting my GPS reinstalled from the old boat.