232 fuses.

ddaraisddarais Member Posts: 5
i just purchased a 2003 232br. It has a single battery with no master switch, which I though unusual. Do these boats have a fuse panel or are the circuit breakers on the dash the only protection? It's a 103hr pristine boat with a 6.2 B1 I'm going to add a second battery and just want to know all I can about the elect system. Any tracks to access tricky areas?

Comments

• qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    There's just the circuit breakers, which are just as good of protection as a fuse. I added a second battery, main switch and shore power with on board charger. The boat is actually pretty easy to access for wiring depending on what you're doing. All of the interior pockets are easily removable and allow tons of access. I added 12v and 120v outlets in the cabin as well as an amp, speakers and sub. So I was all over the boat. lol
    2005 Captiva 232 Liberty Edition, MX6.2/B3, Corsa
  • ddaraisddarais Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. That's what I've figured out. Amazing boat only came with 1 battery and not even a shutoff switch. I will def be adding 2nd batt and fuse panel. 
  • elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Actually it should be like my 246 was in that you have the circuit breakers at the switches but also a bundle of fuses back near the battery as well....
  • ddaraisddarais Member Posts: 5
    Just about 3-4 inline fuses. Really sloppy in my opinion. I'm all about neat,easy access and safe. It almost looks like an afterthought. Oops, we need power for the radio, amp, etc. It will definitely be a winter project. Love the boat, only had it a couple months
  • elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    ddarais said:
    Just about 3-4 inline fuses. Really sloppy in my opinion. I'm all about neat,easy access and safe. It almost looks like an afterthought. Oops, we need power for the radio, amp, etc. It will definitely be a winter project. Love the boat, only had it a couple months
    Yea it's got the fuses for the bilge pump and a number of your other accessories and stuff. It's defiantly not a neat, presentable way to do things that's for sure. I took the time to straighten out my bundle of fuses and labeled each one for easy identification, etc. 
  • Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    I added a second battery to my '04 232 BR   and put a Blue Sea switch and Charging relay in so the system charges both batteries when using just one. Look at their website. There are threads on here about this subject. Use the search for adding a battery. I agree on the messy fuses at the batteries.