Options

Starboard Question

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, I am mounting some radar arch speakers to the top of the arch and since I cannot mount directly above where the access plates are, I want to mount it to a sheet of starboard and then screw the starboard directly to the top of the arch. Then fish the wires accordingly. My question, since I have never worked with it, how durable/strong is starboard? Any insight would be very much appreciated!
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're boat is like mine it has quite a lot of starboard on it.  My transom door and the door to the battery switches are starboard.  I believe they are original (14 years old) and seem to be in pretty good shape.

FYI Laird Plastics in Warren sells starboard.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Oh that's starboard?! Nice. That is durable and thick! 

Laird is on Groesbeck in Warren? @Stodge

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    I've seen it develop hairline cracks if screw holes are drilled too close to the edge of the panel.  Otherwise it's bulletproof.  Love that stuff. 

Also it will cause hairline fractures in your wallet.
  • Options
    Thanks fellas. I ordered a 1/2 inch thick piece. 12x24. 

In other news....6 inches expected here Thursday :(
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes jme, Larid is in Warren.  I'm told they have a walk-up window for orders too.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX