Options

Roof Collapse Damaged 342 Update

HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
Well the repairs have started and the Insurance Payment is in hand. $30,000 in damages. Basically $9,500 for new eisenglass and canvass cover with all new hardware. $7,000 for fiberglass repair of arch and boat. $5,500 for bow rail repair. $2,000 for top of arch antennas/radar. $700 for pin striping. $600 to go get it and relaunch. $750 wax/buff and carpet cleaned. Plus a few misc things and labor. Bow rail repair is complete. Now resting at the fiberglass shop. Having new  Seablaze 3 underwater lights installed and new bottom paint outside of insurance. Should be done in about 3 weeks and hopefully better than it was!

"Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scary! Glad it was looked after by insurance!
  • Options
    Insurance folks were great to deal with. Really no hassles at all. Even agreed to replace all 4 batteries since they were not connected to shore power for awhile and drained. 
  • Options
    Wow. Better than car insurance!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    So glad to hear this news.  Which insurance company?
  • Options
    When do your rates double?
  • Options
    Just paid for another year so I will be looking for the uptick Feb 1st next year. 
  • Options
    Marine Underwriters Insurance. Markel American is the Agent.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that mess caused by snow load on the roof of the marina? 30k in damages, insurance is a good thing. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they end up welding the rub rail?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Yep. They welded the bow rails. I have not seen them yet but both the adjuster and the repair guys said they would look fine. Probably won't see the boat again for a few weeks but will post pictures then.
  • Options
    sixpacksummersixpacksummer Member Posts: 43
    Good news Hamdog, have they got your slip repaired or at least on schedule for the upcoming season? Luckily at Laurel Lake we had the same snow but the roofs held up but there was some damage to the supports.
  • Options
    Our slip will be one of the last to be installed. Best case is Memorial Day weekend but did not promise anything. I would guess by July first at the latest but will be given a slip somewhere else temporarily so at least will be on the lake!! Whole new cruiser slip layout thou. Going to be farther away and they are putting all the same size slips together now so we will have some new dockmates which is no big deal to us. The more the merrier is what I always say.
  • Options
    Hey Sixpack. My family rented houseboats for several years at Holly Bay Marina back before Grove opened. Then we bought a houseboat and had at Grove Marina for years. I had a Bayliner 2855 Cruiser called Rendevous and a Scarab 232. Those were the days.
  • Options
    That was a little before my time. I have coming to Holly Bay since 1994, had an old Bayliner runabout and we camped at Holly Bay. Bought our houseboat 16 years ago. Laurel Lake has not changed much, still kind of a sleepy lake, but we like it like that. I found this forum as I had a deck boat totaled in a storm last  year and bought a used 2005 captiva 212.
  • Options
    I see you boat at Cumberland, where do you live? We are in Union Ky just south of Cincinnati.
  • Options
    Live in Lexington now. Was in Richmond during the Laurel Lake years. I love that lake but my new bride was a Cumberland girl so.......well you get the rest.
  • Options
    We got started at Laurel and just stayed, kids were raised at the lake. My youngest son met his now wife at the lake and they were such lake people they got married at the lake and had there reception there with probably 10 houseboats tied up on a beach. I like the people, just a bunch of "good old boys" for the most part.
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Hamdog those pictures hurt to look at! I glad to hear everything was repairable though! 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see her getting some love.  Best of luck with the repairs.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Glad to see things are going smoothly and headed in the right direction. I know you got a little upset with me in your initial post when I assumed there would be a ton of finger pointing between parties and insurance companies but glad to say that I was wrong about that.
  • Options
    Update. Well the bow rails are repaired and the boat went to the fiberglass shop 2.5 weeks ago for what was to be a 2 week repair. Found out today they have not even started. Supposed to start in a few days......not the news I was wanting but a bunch of boats are damaged. Marina rebuild supposed to be completed about Memorial Day which at this pace.....same as the boat.
  • Options
    Hang in there 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Jerry, disappointing news for sure but better a good job than a rushed job. They should be pretty good at fiberglass repairs by now so, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Yeah. Practice on his boat then when you get it down.....work on mine!! Like that attitude. You should see the scramble for the slip assignments since everything is different now! Adults acting like kids......
  • Options
    Here's a picture after the roof was pulled off but before the steel i-beams and all the other supports were removed. Ouch!!
  • Options
    ShelbyShelby Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Hey neighbor, I am on I dock and just bought a 312 in Sept 15. Mine was a total loss due to that storm. I was on D before then and actually beside your brother till he moved to Conley. Glad to here you're getting boat repaired. I hope it turns out ok. I am in process of buying another Rinker, this time a 320 which is same as 312 just newer. I'll see you in Clifty.  BTW do you have a number for your insurance agent? Thanks. David.
    2005 320  Twin 350 Mags MPI  Bravo III  Lake Cumberland, KY.
  • Options
    The rust colored object in the picture is the steel I-beam. I was amazed how much it just conformed to whatever it hit.
  • Options
    David, oh we know you guys!! We call you all the happy couple. Introduced us to the Watermelon drink!! Good to hear from you and glad to see you are buying another Rinker. Stop by and see us at our usual spot in Clifty. Hope your transition from the pontoon to the cruiser has served you well. Our insurance Agent is Marine Underwriters at 800-631-2147. We don't have an actual agent. Just call them and they will take care of you. Good Luck!!