Options

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement for this thru hull?

Comments

• Options
    pearson57842pearson57842 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    This is for the air conditioner pan drain.  I had trouble with it plugging last year and had to back flush it a number of times.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does not look like a correct thru hull
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

The newer ones are circular and less restrictive. they also mount flush with the hull and come in a variety of diameters from 1/2" and greater. they also come in chrome, SS and bronze. Most decent chandelrys have them including West marine, Defender Marine etc.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    That looks like a vent. Same as what's on the side of my boat for my fresh water tank vent 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I think it may be below the waterline (seems to be in the bottom coat area?)  so I'm "guessing" it's a drain.
  • Options
    Michael, you are correct.  It is the drain for the air conditioner pan on my 312.  It is original equipment.  It sits about 4 inches above the waterline.  Would a standard circular thru hull be an acceptable replacement?
  • Options
    Yes and it will drain better too
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:

The newer ones are circular and less restrictive. they also mount flush with the hull and come in a variety of diameters from 1/2" and greater. they also come in chrome, SS and bronze. Most decent chandelrys have them including West marine, Defender Marine etc.

Not going to lie, I had to Google Chandelry..... You never know what you will learn on this forum
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    I would assume that because its at the water live that that fitting is there to prevent water being forced into it while under way. I would keep the same style fitting. It is that type for a reason............ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    I would assume that because its at the water live that that fitting is there to prevent water being forced into it while under way. I would keep the same style fitting. It is that type for a reason............ Just say'n
    I agree and it draws the water out of the fitting while underway (pressure differential).
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    It doesn't look original. See new white sealant?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    It doesn't look original. See new white sealant?
    Not sealant just no bottom paint around it. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    The newer flush fittings are less prone to clogging, less likely to strike something or get caught up on it and at lower speeds (off plane) don't create cavitation bubbles that run down the side of the boat against the bottom coat. A few years back Rinker and most of the other builders switched to non-cowl like (flush) drain termination ends.
  • Options
    tangocharlietangocharlie Member Posts: 6
    This is the same one I have on my 312.  Mine backed up with deposits.  I took the hose lose and poured CLR down the hole with a funnel and let it soak then used a small wire brush.  Cleared mine right up, water is now flowing well again. 
  • Options
    I took Al's advice and just removed screen.