Options

Need your thoughts about this type of boat.

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/5497769251.html

Now that my 342 is pending sale I need your thoughts about what to buy. Boat will used mostly for fishing.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @Mark I have a buddy with a 26 foot GW and seen it take a beating on Lake Huron when we were heading up to Lexington as a group.  I was thinking the Pacific is bumpy too so it would be a good fit.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amberjack is a great cross over boat - cruiser and great platform for fishing. But you can't compare this to a ski boat Handy! That's another class altogether.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus the Sea Ray Amberjack is a big boy to haul and I thought Len wanted a smaller boat to haul all over to lakes?
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stoge - yes those GW's are great fishing boats.  We alway admire the one or two that are in our marina, but $$$$$$$$.  A used amberjack I think is better value for money.  I believe they stopped making the amberjack though.

Yes MT - we are turning this into our dream fishing boat thread, and not what L-S wants.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pursuit makes a nice center console. 

A 24' fully outfitted being raffeled off by me. $100 ticket, for the local hospice. Worth $120k. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    I like my 212, but I don't fish. Not sure that it would be a great fishing platform. Not sure what kind of water you are fishing in, but if inland (lake or river) a pontoon makes a great fishing platform (unless of course you are in some kind of hurry to get to that next fishing hole, then you need a bass boat). If you are in the bay or big water then probably something with a center console should be considered....      

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River