Options

Need Help with Rinker 270 Helm Station Refit - Update

JDAYRES777 Posts: 4Member ✭

Good Afternoon Mark B, partlowr and all others trying to help me with is problem. AS promised pictures of my prior owner butchered helm station taken Saturday Night 02 April 2016. As you can see, quite a mess.  I need all recommendations, with any drawings, pictures, diagrams you might think would resolve this dilemma. I have been able to locate a new clear map cover from Great Lakes Skipper the Rinker 270. I would really like to have the original helm area for charts, and mount bothe the new Simrad GO7 Chartplotter and the original Simrad Annritsu radar on removable mounts. But, the radar screen is gigantic and that's going to take 1 big mount, with some new wiring.  I am very interested in seeing, hearing what you all suggest and recommend. I need to know whether to cut away the remaining old original fiberglass flat surface and replace with either new OEM material from Rinker that I might be able to obtain; and or, after market material.   Or, do I take the new flat surface material and mount it over the old material, keeping the old material as a stronger base for the new material.  Either way I have some wiring to do, and it's going to be any interesting challenge.  If you wish to speak to me, or send me specific diagrams you would recommend, please let me know and I will provide you with my email address for private communication. I could also use the name of a good marine carpenter in my area 21220 zip code or within 25 miles of here, who could handle the refit with the new material.

All of my best to you all, and many thanks for your help,

John

Beacon of the Bay

Middle River, Baltimore County Maryland