Options

Rinker 265 Fiesta Vee Preventing Shower Water on Cabin Floor

K&S2015K&S2015 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
I was wondering if anyone has or had figured out a way to prevent water from coming out of the bathroom door seam when someone is using the shower.  I have everything caulked in very nicely in the stall area, and so I am pretty certain that this small crack that is the door sill area near the bottom is where the water is coming out from.  Whenever someone uses the shower the cabin floor is all wet and nasty outside of the door.  I want to try to seal that up.  Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 270fv we leave some paper towels out side the door and wipe up on the way out.I know it's not a fix.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Goods28Goods28 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    my 270 has a shower curtain
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean that your shower drain is not keeping up with the water from the shower?  When working properly it should keep up.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    If it's as Stodge mentioned, you should first check the shower box (there is a bilge pump in a box that may need cleaned out).  If it is still not draining right, like mine was, I removed the drain cap in the shower and ran a hose thru it for quite a while cleaning it out.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have shower curtain also but it's seems moisture collects on the door.you would need 4 inches of water to come out door.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    on mine, I replaced the old shower pump, come to find out that the old pump though it still worked, for some reason it was running "slow". With the new pump, the floor of the shower is almost like the shower at home. No standing water
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I run white vinegar down the shower drain and let it stay for a while. This helps with soap and hair build up and keeps the drain and sump clean. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com