Options

Mattress pad

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am considering adding a mattress pad to the aft cabin in my 280EC. That is where the admiral and I sleep, so I would like to make it a little more comfortable. The current mattress isn't bad, I would like it to be a little thicker. I know others have put a topper on and I am curious as to what you have. Do you like it? Would you consider a different brand or style? Thanks in advance.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• Options
    ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Added the 3' memory foam two years ago and the difference was night & day...highly recommend!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bought one at walmart, it's nice, one edge is a little curled up, we do not remove it, it does not fit exactly, it's as good as home.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah those memory foam toppers are good. We added one to our bed at home. I also think that would be the best way to go.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The admiral and I purchased a Laura Ashley 4" thick with about 4"x4" quilted squares mattress pad. That changed EVERYTHING. Slept like a drunken sailor after that! The Admiral added some elastic ties to the underside to reduce shifting and allow the main foam pads to be lifted easily to access underneath bin and HVAC. One of the best accessories we got!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Definitely add a topper.  We added a 3" one when we first got this boat. Sure makes sleeping much nicer.  Wish we had done it with all our other boats.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Good post Greg! Was a question I had for my 280 as well. Looks like we'll head to kohls this weekend! 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Good post Greg! Was a question I had for my 280 as well. Looks like we'll head to kohls this weekend! 

exactly where we bought ours. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    JBam67JBam67 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    I had a 10 inch custom memory foam mattress made. 4 inch memory foam, 6 inch poly foam. It's like sleeping on a cloud.
  • Options
    very nice, is that an EC 310?
  • Options
    Yes 2012 310 ec
  • Options
    ....stupid question by me - I just looked up and saw the skylight Geez! Sorry! @JBam67 ...T-350 Mags?
  • Options
    Yes, with Axis control. We Love our boat.
  • Options

@JBan67....beautiful, does it ever go like a rocket! Handles like it'

s on rails too!

• Options
    It handles like a dream, get where I'm going pretty quick when I need to, and in the dock it's crazy easy I'm gonna teach my 6 year old to pull it in this summer. Lol 
  • Options
    ....and he'll be able to. Have you seen the Axius video of the kid whipping around a big Sea Ray in a marina? It's pretty cool. What I really liked doing was going sideways into a fuel dock or pump-out when no one else could fit in...the guys at the marinas all knew our black 310 and 360 and would just wave us in ahead of everyone else. One guy in a boat complained and the fuel guy said - can you put your boat in sideways? I got the guy's point but no one else could get in and we were gone before there was enough room for anyone anyway LOL
  • Options
    We got the winter blues. Took my son out to the boat today for an afternoon movie. New Star Wars flick. Can't wait to get this season started. He loves the boat just as much as myself.
  • Options
    BEAUTIFUL boat! I love land cruises too! LOL Isn't that Captain's swivel bench amazing - it turns the entire cockpit into one big lounge. We had 11 people in it one time when it was raining. I made frozen drinks (margaritas etc.) and everyone had room. Blasting tunes, Admirals dancing - good times!
  • Options
    Thanks! The swivel seat is an envy of my dock, people jist love it. I did a ton of offseason upgrades this year. Complete stereo package, Smart Tvs, lights, under water lights,mattress, isin glass replacement, and everything else inbetween. Lol
    My drop date is this Friday. Hopefully lol
  • Options
    ...can you see the green glow of my envy from Mi? It's greener than my Ocean LEDs!LOL
  • Options
    gvigrassgvigrass Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Good stuff here.  We also used memory foam for both berths on our 342.  Did it several years ago and took the cushions out of the boat and used them as templates to cut and fit the memory foam for each.  Especially useful for the forward berth because of shape.  Huge difference.  By the way, question for the 310 owners...on the Rinker boat site they list a 310 and a 310LE.  What is the difference?

• Options
    I didn't notice much, some graphics and things that I wouldn't pay for unless I was getting them for "free" on a used boat. If I was buying a new EC 310 (and I did) there are a lot more IMO better options to put the $$$$ on.
  • Options
    I often wonder that as well. I have a 310 EC not sure of the difference.
  • Options
    gvigrassgvigrass Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Thanks for the help on that. I've looked at the descriptions and spec sheets a few times trying to figure that out...LOL! 
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Great looking cockpit you got there.  Is the swivel seat factory? 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Thanks, yes that swivel captain chair is standard on the newer 310 EC. It really is a nice feature.