Options

Inflatable Kayak

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
Check out what my wife bought me for my birthday. It inflates in under a minute with my Coleman rechargeable pump. I'm impressed at how well it's made. Going to be fun to explore all the hard to reach spots!

2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Aero, your dog looks eager to go kayaking too.  You will love this kayak.  We have a Sea Eagle version of the same thing.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Inflatable Kayaks are great.  We have a 2 person one as well and it is the easiest blow up item we have.  Simple to blow up and put away and definitely great for exploring!  Enjoy!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I LOVE inflatable kayaks. We anchor out with a few iced Buds and our pellet guns and just wait......Hey brother, how far do you think that guy can swim? I don't know man, two beers worth?   BTW with my laser sited pellet gun and a few cross cut pellets that "DURANGO" kayak will deflate in under a minute LOL. I love you guys with your inflatable toys LOL P.S. now tell the truth - do you have an inflatable "doll" to go out with you in that bad boy??????.....of course, just kidding but you know that, right?
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I like the inflatable doll idea, paddle optional.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    I LOVE inflatable kayaks. We anchor out with a few iced Buds and our pellet guns and just wait......Hey brother, how far do you think that guy can swim? I don't know man, two beers worth?   BTW with my laser sited pellet gun and a few cross cut pellets that "DURANGO" kayak will deflate in under a minute LOL. I love you guys with your inflatable toys LOL P.S. now tell the truth - do you have an inflatable "doll" to go out with you in that bad boy??????.....of course, just kidding but you know that, right?
    I'm telling my wife you called her an inflatable doll, LoL!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    I have had the Sea Eagle and currently on my 2nd Solstice. 1st Solstice (4man) lasted 7 seasons. Always used a 55lb trolling motor and had great fun. Got about 2 hours running time on a group 27 DC battery at various speeds. Clean and stealthy! Have fun with your birthday present and Happy Birthday!   -Paul
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you fish off those?
  • Options
    yeah, but....carefully LOL .....and always carry a repair kit. What you thinking of Steve going after a swordfish?  On second thought......
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kids wanted two plastic kayaks for fishing
  • Options
    Steve, the kids around here all use those type of kayaks. I have seen a number of them with small side out riggers for stability. One guy I was talking with made them for his kids for about $50 compared with an oem kit that was almost $200. He said his kids could even stand-up to cast or use their nets. he gave me a good tip for my grand daughter - give them a cell phone in a watertight clamshell and have them tie it off to the kayak. I also want her to have a small mushroom anchor with 150 feet of line.