Options

Windshield screws

frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
Hi.
Anybody has an idea how to get to the scews that hold the windshield down on a 300 2007? From what a saw I would need to remove part of the ceiling pad in the cabin......or any better ideas.
Thks 

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a foam strip on the front of the windshield. Slowly pull it out and the screws should be under it. I would think most windshields are installed this way.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 360 the "plastic" side insert on the lower windshield rail comes out "gently" and exposes the inside channel that the screws are screwed through into the gel coat. there are specialty screws that have a sticky coating or you can bed them in 3M 4200. Be VERY CAREFUL not to over tighten them or they will crack the gelcoat at EVERY screw point! I saw this happen on a Rinker cruiser - not from the factory but by the owner!
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, aero,& Michael
    Paul
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @frenchship, I was told when tightening windshield screws to use two fingers on the screw driver (usually a Phillips) for the final turn or so. If it requires more torque than that it will be too tight. I believe in this instance less is more (better).