Options

What's this connector on a 310EC?

Wifey and I went boat shopping this weekend.  She's pretty firm on wanting a 310EC, which is just fine by me.  Anyway, we've looked at a few over the winter, but I've never seen one with this "option".  On the starboard side of this 2011 310EC, near the battery switches is a connector marked "washdown".  
What is this?  What is its purpose?  Is it factory-installed or aftermarket?  
Any input is appreciated. 
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Factory installed ...and not cheap. BTW Rinker installs Johnson pumps which are real good! This is a raw water wash down connection. It comes with a coiled hose and a spray nozzle. You connect the hose with the nozzle attached but in the off position and depress the rocker switch to activate the pump and you have a raw water wash down for the transom or cockpit or hull deck sides. It has a strainer for weeds etc. On my 360 I had it moved to the transom and bought a 75 foot hose so I could wash down the front anchor. On the 360 you have a choice of fresh or river water at the flick of a valve. I don't know if there is a choice in the 310. ....but that EC 310 is a beautiful boat eh? I had a 2013 Rinker EC 310 for a summer it was amazing. It had the 350 Mag B3 combination. It was just purchased by a really neat guy from Chicago who posts on here. He's getting one of the most beautiful EC 310's I've ever seen! LOL
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was for the Rinker Enema 2000 upgrade! LOL
  • Options
    .....oh man, I got enough of those (enemas) on my 360 until I installed that by-pass valve assembly on the HVAC and Gen !!!!!!
  • Options
    ....I'm afraid to ask Al exactly what kind of fun he has with that wash down pump at a raft-ups..... but I bet a couple of cold ones it involves Thaddeus and some girls' bikini tops. Not sure that was what Johnson had in mind with their rig! LOL
  • Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if they used a really big wash down pump it could double as a thruster...