Options

MTs EC 360 Sold

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have had a number of e.mails from boaters interested in knowing if our 2014 EC 360 has sold.  I have secured the permission of the purchaser to say that, yes, it has. This will be the first summer since 1990 that I have not owned a Rinker. A very nice American couple has purchased it and we plan to have the hard top removed, installed on an OEM Rinker factory hard top cradle, the boat covered and then shipped to the United States within a few weeks. It was quite a paperwork process because of the international nature of the transaction. From about five weeks of conversations and e.mails the Admiral and I have come to respect and count as friends the American couple who purchased the boat. Both our 2013 EC 310 and our 2014 EC 360 could well end-up visiting the same marina some day - wouldn't that make for a great picture - two black Rinker cruisers, side-by-side? The strong value of the American dollar worked very well for both of us and we are both very excited that the transaction was finalized this Monday. As I no longer own the boat, I will leave it up to the gentleman who purchased it to provide any comments that he sees fit, when he so does. Maybe he will post some pictures of it loaded on the transport truck when that time comes? While it has been an absolute pleasure to own Rinkers continuously for 26 consecutive years, (five of them bought new), it has been an honor to have had the company of so many talented and incredible people, as one finds daily on this forum. MT

Comments

• Options
    @Alswagg, coming from you, you have no idea how much that means to me!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT, there is always a ride in a diesel girl waiting for you in FL.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Congrat's on sell your boat. Does not mean that you can not participate on the RBOC. You are always welcome here bro.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! !!!  Sad to hear that though, I learned alot from all your posts on the short time I have been on here, has been a great help. Hopefully u will still hang around here a bit.☺
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Congrats MT!  May you enjoy that next 'phase' of your life!  (& always make time to comment on this forum)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! What part of the U.S. Will she be in??
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations MT! Is there another boat in your immediate future?
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Congrats,I wish I had the money to buy that vessel,someone got a good deal!
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options

Thank you all, very much for the kind comments, they mean a lot to me considering your esteemed places on this forum.

When I was typing the comment late last night the Admiral came in to see what I was up to and read what I was typing. She said OMG "You have over 4000 posts?" I thought no way.... then holy cr*p.....it definitely IS time for me to sit back and read all the other guys' great posts, particularly with all of the great new guys joining the forum!

@aero3113, she will be in the Chicago area not far from where my 2013 EC 310 is headed. Isn't that cool?

@wm61356, there is no boat in my immediate future, although I did look at a Rinker 192 with a 4.3LX in it but it sold right away. LOL  The Admiral told me to see if my first "new" Rinker was for sale, the 190 with the 383 and bravo 1 LOL.....but ....No - that's looking backward and what does that Grateful Dead sticker say - "Don't look back you can never look back"  I think we are out of boat ownership but I will never be out of boating as it's "in your blood" .....and your wallet! LOL

@belle-vita, yes the deal was awesome for both parties. The American/Canadian dollar relationship worked magic for both of us.

Steve, I would love as ride on your diesel some day.....and I do love Florida! 

• Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the sale, but :( that you won't be a Rinker owner any more.  I too hope you will continue to frequent the forums.

Man...  I feel like a kid that was just abandoned by his parents. ;)  At least they left me in a good place (this forum). :)  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Door is always open Michael, Ray, Al, John, Tony and anyone else on here. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Thanks Handy your the best......Some day....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
      Congrats MT!! I predict within 2 summers you'll be browsing the Rinker catalog again...  :)
  • Options
    @chamber....you're probably right LOL. For sure if I look at ANY boat it will be a Rinker!
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    From one of the "new guys" your advice will be greatly missed.  I agree, and hope, that that your back on the water very soon.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bravo! mate, glad you sold it, if that was your long term plan, Again one of the new guys here hope you stick around. You will have withdrawals if you don't . Will you get to take a short ride before it goes?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy 56 .... no more driving it for me. I no longer own it so the next pictures you see of it will be with the new owner and his Admiral back in he U.S.A! Actually, not far from where it was born, in Indiana! What do they say.....everything comes full circle! Well, I guess it does. LOL
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

MT, bitter sweet for sure.  I know the "pressure" is off, not having to worry about keeping your prized possesion in perfect shape (2nd to the Admiral of course). But you will also stand by the water's edge and get that itch, wishing you could just hop into a boat and roam free. 

All that work we do ... it's all about those few days that we make memories on the water, take photos and capture geniune smiles ... being able to look back and say, man am I blessed.

In the end that's all it's about. So, enjoy yourself. Keep yourself busy. And chime in on our posts once in a while.

Mark

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB thanks, and good comments - how true :-)  I have a lot of friends and family with boats so "getting a ride" won't be a problem. For the next while we are going to gas up the land yacht and visit family, friends and beaches. A few trips to the U.S. this fall then three months in the Caribbean - scuba diving etc. As one boat on this forum is named.... "Life's Good". At least the money worked so both of us got a great "deal" and the new owners will take great care of their new boat! One of life's win-win scenarios....but yes, every time I see a Rinker 360 I will take a second look at it!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't add much Mike but to say thank you as I also got a lot of info from you and enjoyed reading your posts. Now if you get to Fl, and you don't want to suck up a lot of diesel fumes, I have a gasser I can show you some of Central Florida! Good luck with what ever you find to play with next and please do check in on us (ME!) as I will always need the advice from the more experienced!

Good luck buddy!
  • Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    @MT - Hope you stay as part of the forum, and thank you for all the great advice you have given!

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    @ras - too kind, be careful what you offer brother, I LOVE Florida....and Rinkers even more. @richardward2006...thank YOU....and you're the new breed of Rinker men I'm talking about! Onward and Upward!
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    MT, sorry to hear you sold the 360 as I was saving my nickels for next year! For the new owner I'll be at Diversey harbor in Chicago for a picture for MT's scrap book. I will only be on the boat on days that end in Y!! MT, I hope you have a boatload of fun in the Caribbean scuba diving and chilling and I'll give you a call when I fly out to test run the 310.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

@gtye, thank you ....BTW, if you want that 360....make the new owner an offer he can't refuse! LOL Yes, it would be an amazing picture of the two boats both in the daytime and at night with their Ocean Led underwater lights on. :-)

I just thought of this - how cool would it be to have those two boats with the girls on the sunpads at 3400 rpm cruising side-by side with a drone overhead shooting video..... THAT would be a Rinker video for all time! I'd pay to watch that LOL

I can tell you I have had a picture in my mind for some time now of how those two boats would look slipped beside each other and the crowd that they would draw!

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    MT send me a couple girls and I'll get it done!!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT, sorry to hear that you are getting out of boating. I am sure you will have the itch and be back in it sooner rather than later. I hope that you stick around on here as you are a valuable asset to our little community on here. Thanks again for the advice on the fan, which it keeping the little one cool in the summer.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    MT - I guess congrats are in order but it doesn't seem that wayl I'm guessing that your "old" 360 may be heading someplace close to my boat's summer home (Hammond Harbor in Indiana) so I'll be keeping an eye out for it this season :-) Best of luck in your new endevors and thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!
  • Options
    @CG, thanks Greg, very kind words and glad to have been any help that I could, fantastic that you have introduced your child to boating so early - what a great way to start life!  :-)  @f13056, you are psychic, LOL - yes, BOTH my (former) 2013 EC 310 and my (former) EC 360 will be real close to you! You can visit for drinks and a two for - twin visit! Thank you also for your kind words.....sometimes gray hair equals a bit of wisdom LOL