Options

hard-wired carbon monoxide detector

RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
So we finally picked up our new to us 342,There's no carbon monoxide detector, so we went and bought one, there is a fuse in the panel box, but where should I look for the hard wires?  Where is everyone's mounted? 

Comments

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Mine is in the aft cabin starboard side near top
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Ditto.  Just to add additional stuff, I found a CO detector at Wal-Mart that displays the amount of CO detected via a digital read out.  Kind of nice.
  • Options
    Most detectors I am familiar with use a 9 volt battery for power.  When the battery goes low, the detector lets you know with a beep every few seconds.
  • Options
    Just for grins, try taking a CO detector into your garage, start the car (garage door open of course)  and it will scream at you.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TW....yeah, we get a LOT of CO that we aren't aware of!
  • Options
    RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I would like to hard wire it, we had a cheap, not marine smoke n co detector in the aft,but no wires to find anywhere, was that a option with rinker?
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them are battery 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My CO detector is hard wired. They should be replaced every few years. I replaced mine last year because it was out of date. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    My hardwired detector is in the aft cabin on the starboard side forward bulkhead.  I replaced it a couple of years ago.  I like having the hardwired version because it starts to beep if the house battery voltage is getting low.  I also have the battery operated type with the digital readout.  It is nice to have this potable kind also; I bring it out in the cockpit area sometimes if we're cruising with the camper top.  It's amazing how quickly CO can collect there.  I know it takes a prolonged exposure but better to be safe.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340