I don't think I'd be mad at her. Lol.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....my kind of girl!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today my tech told me a "boat" story. This guy is not given to flights of hyperbole. He said he was called over to a dock side ramp at a boat launch by a boater who said his boat was useless and wouldn't do a thing. He looked at it and asked where his tow vehicle was. The guy said his wife was parking it. Then he asked where is your trailer? The guy said I don't know. My tech said well, it's still attached to your boat. Maybe if you drop that off too the boat will perform better.

I have one, but it's not as good. Last week I was walking past a boat launch near our condo. The boat was on its trailer backed well into the water, the Admiral was in the tow vehicle patiently waiting and the Captain was gunning his boat in reverse, trying to get it off the trailer. I said, excuse me, none of my business, but if you remove the aft trailer tie downs it might work better.

• Options
    CaptianDanCaptianDan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    BT.jpg 23.3K

"Pipe Dream"
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    2 x 350 MAG MPI Horizon Petrol

• Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

This is a true story. I've shared it before but thought it appropriate to tell it again here.

One morning, I motored over to the marina gas and service dock to purchase some badly needed fuel for my boat. While my tanks were filling I noticed a young (younger than me at least) couple tie off to the fuel dock in their brand new 26 foot cruiser. I overheard the dock attendant comment on the shiny new cruiser and ask if it was the couple’s first boat. They replied that it was and at that point I returned my attention to adding fuel to my tanks. I few moments after that, I heard the pump-out machine start running and after a few more minutes, also heard the young captain loudly summoning the dock hand stating that the pump-out machine was not working. Curious as to what the problem might be because I could clearly hear the pump running, I looked over in that direction to see the young captain standing in the cockpit of his new boat while receiving instructions from the dock hand as to the purpose and function of the pump-out machine. It seems that the inexperienced young man had mistaken the pump-out hose to be a vacuum cleaner (like the ones you find at the car wash) and had been attempting to vacuum his cockpit carpet with it, hence his complaint that it wasn’t working. Live and learn! I tried so hard to contain my laughter that my eyes began to water. Others at the marina witnessed the event as well so I’m sure that the poor fellow will endure jokes about the incident for some time to come.