Boat size 260 ???

Can anybody tell me size of my boat  Its a 260 EC but measures 28-9 It is called a 26 ft??????

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,558Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....when I would be renting a slip it would definitely be a 260 LOL
  • JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Posts: 51Member
    Thats it. I don't want to pay extra if I don't have to
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 2,303Member ✭✭✭✭
    Go with what the title for the boat says, most likely 26 foot.
  • Mike_GMike_G Lake St. ClairPosts: 256Member ✭✭✭
    My marina calls it a 28', but they know it's basically 29'.  Of course... they own the Rinker dealer across the street (where I bought mine from) so....   :p  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,527Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you back or pull in the slip, ya still need 30ft. if everyone parks long ways you need about 40ft
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,558Member ✭✭✭✭✭

.....on my earlier post I was, of course kidding,  BUT I never had to say a word as ALL of the marinas I have visited both in the U.S.A. and Canada have gone by the boat's model number, so the length as far as any marina I visited was concerned was a Rinker EC 360 = 36 feet. Worked fine for me.

• AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 2,381Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some marinas charge overall length from tip to stern.   Many do the same for storage. We on the other hand simply charge what the boat model is 260=26' on or off the trailer.  Less confusing that way.    Good luck 
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,269Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to find out how your marina calculates it as AL says. In my marina it's from tip to stern so my 260 EC is registered as 28'10". And I pay for either the boat length or dock length, whichever is greater. So in turn it doesn't matter as I pay for a 30' slip.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,881Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    My marina charges by the number on the side. They used to charge extra for the drive, but they don't anymore since most drives are tucked under the swim platform.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • chamberbchamberb Saint Albans, VTPosts: 265Member ✭✭✭
    My first year in a slip with my 260, I told them 29' to make sure they allocate enough room, the extra $60 seems like money well spent.
  • JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Posts: 51Member
    The Boat Registration says C28 Gas Fibe I/O Pleasure 
    Now I would like to know what it really is ??????