Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fridge Quit Working

smvorca350zsmvorca350z Wabasha, MNPosts: 27Member ✭✭
I pulled my 03 270 out of storage and dropper her in the water only to find that the Tundra fridge isn't working any more.  I presume  (hope) it is the thermostat because I can hear the compressor run. I have a few questions for those in the know like Dream Inn & AL or anyone else that can help.

1. What is the best way to trouble shoot this? 
2. Can these be "recharged" with the appropriate freon?
3. How available are parts and where can I get them?
4. In the event it cannot be repaired, any suggestions of where to get a new one?

Thanks in advance!

ps, I was a member of the original RBO back in the day and have been MIA for the last few years. It's good to be back!

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 6,938Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be glad to help out on the phone if you like
  • smvorca350zsmvorca350z Wabasha, MNPosts: 27Member ✭✭
    Handymans342 - Thanks for your assistance - can you PM me your # & a good time to call?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,741Member, Moderator mod

Well, it sounds like Handy should be able to get you a few things to start checking on.  I'm assuming you're powering it up on shore power, not battery?  Also, you say not working, but it does sound like you have power if compressor is going.  Have you just left it on and it's just not cold after a few hours?  Back of freezer cold at all?

Oh, and welcome back!  Glad you were able to find us on this forum!  Still a lot of the same great people with many new great members as well!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,463Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, no one has been fiddling around with the temperature control in the fridge and you've checked the breaker and that the 110v  plug just hasn't fallen off the receptacle?
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,119Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT, I think it is running, it's just not getting cold (if I have interpreted the message correctly).  So he suspects freon loss, which is plausable.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,463Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on its age you can re-charge it. Even if it doesn't have a port most HVAC guys can install one. Steve, (Hnadyman's342) is an expert on this so I'd defer to him.
  • smvorca350zsmvorca350z Wabasha, MNPosts: 27Member ✭✭
    Update - took the fridge to local community college refrigeration class. The instructor did a full workup on it- took off the cover to the circuit board and when he put the cover back on, it fired right up - filled it up with freon and charged me $10!
    Wow!  That is the way to do it!  & only 10 bucks!  Can't beat it!

I told you. Gasket. Hahahahahha
    Handy, not sure anyone on this topic said gasket. 

well erase that one too then John