Options

EC 360 Homeward Bound - Tons Of Pictures

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

My former 2014 Rinker EC 360 arrived on a snowy December day and left today on a snowy April day. We met the new American owners today, a young couple who are going to have many years of fun with the boat. I will leave it to them to announce their plans and make contacts with the forum, which will be fun.

Attached are some pictures. Lens Cove did the shrink wrap and it was the best job I have ever seen done.

Congratulations to Steve (service manager) and Brent (technician) and Ben ( apprentice) and especially Brandon the service technician who took a break from engines to shrink wrap the boat - for prepping the boat for delivery.

They loaded it backwards onto the hauler to get it real low! It was cool to watch!

It is now heading down the road to the American border bound for the Chicago area.

P.S. In the last two pictures do you see that yellow fiberglass pole? It extends to 15 feet in height. The top folds down to 90 degrees and is about 5 feet long. At the lower handle is a measuring scale that shows how far out the pole has been extended to give a total height. The truck driver sets the height he wants to check for then places the end of the pole on the ground and moves the 90 degree piece all over to make sure there is proper clearance.  Neat eh?

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you at MT?????????????????????????
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Wow, surprised the hardtop was able to stay on.  I know when mine came on the truck, it was on backwards as well but the top had to come off.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Steve, we're just across the St.Lawrence River from Morristown New York but have had a freak snowfall and low temperatures for a couple of days. When we had her in the water last week to spring test her it was 74 degrees...now - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? The poor American guy who came up left 83 degrees and nearly died in his hoodie, his Admiral had a winter jacket!
  • Options
    edited April 2016

@DI, Kim Slocum told us if we took off all the hard top equipment we could haul it anywhere. He is presently having his new 2016 EC 360 show boat going down the Rinker assembly line and said it will haul anywhere in the U.S. he wants to go with the HT on.

BTW, it was hard enough getting the HT accessories off. The bases of the TV dish, Axius GPS and Satellite Dome were all bedded in 5200 or Sikaflex. Does everyone on here comprehend what that meant for the tech and I?????? HOLY CR*P what a job to get them off! @#$%^&*

I would have had a heart attack getting the HT off! LOL

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    WOW.
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod

Not sure why 5200 would've been used there.  I certainly didn't use it to put my hardtop back together nor all the goodies on top.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what an undertaking. That hardtop looks lower than the 400/410/420 hardtop. With that lowboy trailer, the boat is probably just at 13'6" or even lower. I remember helping put a hardtop on a 400 here in Pittsburgh. It was a PITA. I can't even begin to imagine taking one off with all of the wires. I take it that Rinker uses one type of sealant... 3M5200...
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I agreed with Dream_Inn 5200 should only be used on equipements that you don't need to remove. By the way there is a solvent to remove 5200
  • Options

@DI, I used 4200 to seal the hard top to boat deck joint to prevent water intrusion and eventual rot in the boat's superstructure and metal attachment joint area - which I agree with and was advised by others - which a call to Randy confirmed as he also approved the pictures I took of my job and the use of 4200 for the job.

As to why the three posts were bedded in 5200 or Sikaflex at the factory, well that's a good question.

• Options
    partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    That weather looks god awful
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow today, yuck, no leaves on trees, 84 here, that new owner in the hoodie looks cold.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy56, yeah he and the boat were both glad to be heading South!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT, I meant in the pictures. Why weren't you there???
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Nice pics......that fits nice on that trailer, great you didn't have to pull hardtop either!Weather was the same here this morn., .....wtf?
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Steve, I was taking the pictures and crying!
  • Options
    Yeah, that is a real big boat!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Must have been a bit sad seeing that leaving?
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options

@BMXZ, it was a sad day but a happy one too -  I can no longer look after her the way she deserves.The young couple who bought her will be a perfect fit. I just heard from the man tonight. They are going to "unwrap" her tomorrow morning in their boat yard and a new adventure will begin for the couple and the boat. I thought it was good Karma that the boat arrived on a December's day two years ago on a snowy day and (due to a freak snow storm here on Monday) she left on a snowy day too. As well, she has returned to her native area of Indiana/Illinois. I'm sure the new owner will post some pictures once he catches his breath and has a look around her!