Options

Sony stereo

russellhrussellh Member Posts: 155 ✭✭
im upgrading the stereo on my 270. Does anyone know if Sony do the updated version from the 2004 with Bluetooth with the same plugins? It would save me work by just plugging into the original cable blocks. 

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @russel, partlowr and cableguy seem to be the stereo guru's here, there has been many threads on the topic. I just know how to turn it on.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the model remotes and Sony stereo that you have? If it has a mini plug on the remotes, you might be able to replace the head unit and the remotes and everything work. The model numbers would help greatly in doing the research.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I'll get those this morning thank you!
  • Options
    Hers what I have. Ideally I want to swap the head unit for a modern one to make life easy
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm looking to do the same
  • Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Do your homework. Heres what I found out, your older remotes are not going to be compatible to a newer receiver. Most receivers are compatible with only specific remotes and how many you can link. Go to soniceletronix.com they have product manuals on every item, you can then read what receivers are compatible with what remotes and vice versa. I just did the upgrade to Kenwood receiver and 2 digital wired remotes.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good with upgrading to a new receiver and remotes, would prefer not to..but I understand sometimes it's needed. 

The big thing is that I stream everything via my phone, so bluetooth is a MUST and it would be nice if there was a "next" button on the remotes, including volume... so you can skip songs from the water...and up at the helm ect... which kenwood did you get? 
  • Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    I'm good with upgrading to a new receiver and remotes, would prefer not to..but I understand sometimes it's needed. 

The big thing is that I stream everything via my phone, so bluetooth is a MUST and it would be nice if there was a "next" button on the remotes, including volume... so you can skip songs from the water...and up at the helm ect... which kenwood did you get? 

Kenwood KMR-D362BT

Kenwood KCA-RC55MR