Options

Stereo & LED Upgrades Done

elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
Well the next phase of my spring '07 246CC updates is done today. 

Last year when I bought the boat used I replaced the factory stereo with a new Clarion M303 w/BT as well as the controller at the helm. 

I just picked up the boat from my stereo guy.  Here is a list of what I had done as well as a couple evening pics of the whole cockpit. 

Added a a second radio controller at the swim platform. 

Replaced the two factory cuddy speakers with new Wet Sounds 6.5's. 

Replaced the the four factory cockpit speakers with new 6.5" Wet Sounds with blue LEDs. 

Added a 10" Wet Sounds sub to the area under the sink and covered the inside of that compartment with dynomat. 

Added a JL Audio 700/5 amp very cleanly hidden in the cuddy cabinet. 

Converted all all the factory cup holders to stainless ones with drains and blue LEDs. 

Converted all all the factory white LED floor lights to blue and added 3 in unlit areas. 

The floor lights remain controlled by the courtesy switch at the helm while the speaker LEDs and the cup holders are wired to a single AUX switch at the helm. 

Going on vacation someplace warm for a week. While I'm gone the boat is getting professionally buffed and waxed. When I get back my SeaDek will be waiting for me....and A LOT of interior cleaning...

Comments

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Nice!!!!
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet!
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@elarson 5757.....Beautiful clean work. Awesome, pro-worthy. It is going to look so awesome dockside and on the water!

Last summer more and more guys were creating light shows at the docks in a very big marina in Canada, City of Kingston Marina.

It has locked security codes but the slip owners and visitors were all walking the docks looking at the show. It was like a giant boat show at night. Boats from 22 feet to 85 feet were at it.

This was the first time I had seen so MANY lighting projects, some to music....BTW, IMO- that's the next thing.

Ocean LED will already link your music via a control ox with remote fob to your light colors and strobe shows and I know others will too.

I know a bunch of the guys in Kingston so I hope they'll let me in the gate for a visit.

I know it sounds corny but I loved all the guys and their Admirals coming up to the boat at night with a light show underwater, tri coloured lights in the hard top and the satellite TV  on  and the Rinker blender making margaritas. I bet we made a lot of converts to Rinker boats!

I'll sure miss that! Ill be expecting pictures from you guys so I can live through your eyes LOL!

• Options
    Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    I like the lighting. I put blue LED bulbs in my courtesy lights and love the look. Guarantee you will love the SeaDek, I put it on my swim platform and walk through and now want to replace carpet in my 232 with SeaDek.  Easy on the feet too.
  • Options
    Robs_232 said:
    I like the lighting. I put blue LED bulbs in my courtesy lights and love the look. Guarantee you will love the SeaDek, I put it on my swim platform and walk through and now want to replace carpet in my 232 with SeaDek.  Easy on the feet too.
    Yea I can't wait to get on the Sea Dek install.  I am doing the swim platform and replacing all the cockpit carpet and up the steps to the walk thru windshield too. 

Already have all the snaps removed. Just have to get the holes slightly chamfered and fill them and I'm ready to start. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Nice set up. Was going to go with Wet Sound but just thought they were out of my price range since I needed 10 speakers for my set up. I went Infinity and got them at a steal of a price as well. Looks good. You will be happy with the Seadek. I just got mine installed this past weekend. Night and day difference
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    Boat looks great. I can't wait to see it once you put the Sea deck in. Also great spot for the subwoofer. Not sure if you want to add another one but my boat came stock with one mounted under the back seat where the cooler is. It goes on the side going into the seat storage. I'm sure one is good but 2 would be great. After looking at yours I wouldn't mind adding another one to the area you mounted yours. @elarson5757
    Yea we considered that spot but I felt like it would take a beating from the cooler or everything else that gets stuck there when we go out.  That area also is where the drain is when I wash down the floor and figured it would just take a lot more abuse under there. 
  • Options
    imlovinitimlovinit Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Hows the vibration for the sub in that area. Did the dynomat really help?
    Did you have to run the speaker wire around the boat for the sub, because i could not get a under the floor so i had to go all the way around.

i have a 2014 246 BR with the radio head in the bathroom compartment. i was running a new remote tot he steerring wheel area.
  • Options
    imlovinit said:
    Hows the vibration for the sub in that area. Did the dynomat really help?
    Did you have to run the speaker wire around the boat for the sub, because i could not get a under the floor so i had to go all the way around.

i have a 2014 246 BR with the radio head in the bathroom compartment. i was running a new remote tot he steerring wheel area.
    No vibration with the dynomat in place.  I had one but figured out I had something laying in the bottom of the storage bin!

yes the speaker wires had to be run all the way around as my stereo is in the cabinet in the cuddy which is the same area as yours in the BR. 
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Boat looks awesome!  I did blue underwater lights this year and have the tricolor arch lights. I think the cup holders and transom lights will be next. Love the look. Great job!
  • Options
    twbolto24twbolto24 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Where did you get the cup holders from? 
    07 246 Captiva BR
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twbolto24 said:
    ITC Marine makes them. You can find them on Amazon and other places.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Love the ITC products, those guys have some neat ideas, had a bunch in my 360!
  • Options
    twbolto24 said:
    Yep like the others said they are made by ITC. Same company that makes the LED courtesy lights on the Rinkers including my 246. I bought them from Amazon.  
  • Options
    Sshawnmjr said:
    Did you get your sea deck yet @elarson5757
    Should be waiting for me next week when I return from Cozumel.  It may however take me a few days to sober up enough to install it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Geez 5757 - dry out before you tackle that sticky stuff! LOL.....and take some pictures!
  • Options
    @elarson5757...did I hear Cozumel? Are you a scuba diver out for a drift dive?
  • Options
    Nice thing is the boat that got me here has a 120ft beam!  Spacious!  Oh and unlimited food and alcohol helps.  Lol