Options

Boat insurance Norman spencer

nerg54nerg54 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
does anyone know anything about Norman spencer trade winds yacht insurance?? 

Is is it a good company To insure with? 2 different marina recommend them but I can't find much online about them

thanks in advance 

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question I asked my insurance broker was - "how fast does the company they recommended settle claims?" I had heard that some boaters lost most or all of a season while claims were being "assessed" . The broker told me they'd get back to me. A few days later I was told that 90% of the boats involved in claims with that company were back on the water within 30 days and 50% were back on the water within 14 days. That is what I wanted to hear.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    MT is correct.  Losing boating time is valuable.  I went 13 years without any claims.  then had 2 large claims in the last 3 years.  I had been concerned because I had just switched insurance companies after 12 years.  Well, both claims were taken care of very quick and my premiums are still lower that those with a boat half my size!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Mine is thru Global Marine Insurance.  Again, couldn't be happier.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Mine is with One Beacon.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my policy thru Boat U.S.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I pay $1236. Value or boat is $80,000 I million for spill coverage and (I think) $500,000 liability. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

Shawn, it really depends on your boating area.  Yours would be totally different than any of us on the coast.  It also depends on your boating experience.  Mine is a couple hundred less than yours for double the value.  But, again, that doesn't mean a whole lot.  If I had it up in MI, it might be twice yours.  Definitely check around with others in the area and other companies too.

Heck, I had been with StateFarm for house and cars for over 25 years.  They raised it 2 years in a row on me, so I did the 15 min or less.  Well, it dropped in half for cars (~600/yr total for both cars), stayed about the same for the house.

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Shawn for we are not a bad price