Options

Corian Sink Filler/Cover in Cockpit

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
I was sitting on my neighbors 390 this past weekend, I have done many other times, and noticed this time they have corian cover over their cockpit sink.  Any chance I can get one of these for a 2008 400??  I'm betting somehow the one with my boat was lost by the previous owner. I guess I'd need a brownish one.  Would love to know if you have one and the cost.  Sure would be nice covering that hole when the bottles start coming out.  Thanks!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Just shot a note to Rinker Parts on this one...
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    I build houses for a living. I'm sure any kitchen counter shop that sells corian would be able to cut you a piece if you bring them a template. They could probably do it from scrap pretty cheap.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Thanks kneedeep, I was wondering the same thing as well.  I thought I'd see if I can first get a price on one from Rinker & go from there.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    When you find one let me know. I have the same problem.
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to build custom homes. I kept a record of every corian, marble and quartz installation we did for future reference. I also left unused pieces of the material with each homeowner in case we needed a match later for a repair. I'm sure you can find a builder who does this, If the colour is off pieces can be wet sanded, and buffed with compounds to match the colours. As well, I have seen very attractive solid colour composites used that complimented the original surface colour. If you can't get an almost exact match, I have found that getting a complimentary one looks better. Also, one friend had a s.s. cover with an opening to lift it up (like the soild counter top covers) made for his sink. It was really, really nice. I know I'll need the witness protection plan after this comment, but he couldn't keep the cover on the sink 'cause the gals were all using it for a mirror. 
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Friends of ours had one made for their 370 which I think is the same boat. He had corian made to fit the outer hole then a smaller diameter piece of 1/2" plastic to fit the inside hole. Looks just like the OEM one on our 2009 340.
    Wayne '09 340 EC