Smartcraft question

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
so yesterday I finally started her up to get her ready for an oil change and while I was waiting I was scrolling through my new mercmonitor I installed just to see the values. I noticed my "Oil Temp" reading never changed from 32 degrees while my "Coolant" reading was rising and then ultimately reached operating temperature. I guess my first question is "coolant" temp the fresh water that is being pumped in via the out drive? And I guess the second question would be so you think I have a bad oil temp sensor or maybe not one at all?
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The engine doesn't have an oil temp sensor unless you install one.  You have coolant temp, which is the coolant running through the engine (not the raw water that runs through the heat exchanger).  
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a heat exchanger. I have a fresh water cooling system. Any idea where you install an oil temp sender for the smart craft 
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't. But it's on my "future project" list!
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Found out Mercury does not make any engines that support Oil Temp on the smartcraft platform. I dont need a heat exchanger...thank god!