Options

Ski Locker Not Draining

JTremaineJTremaine Member Posts: 1
I have a Rinker Captiva 192 the ski locker doesn't drain. 
I think there is a drain channel from the ski locker to the engine compartment but I have tried compressed air from the locker drain hole with no success. I also tried an electrical fish tape from the front ski locker drain hole backwards and from the engine compartment forward to the ski locker with no success either. 
I feel at a loss, I'm not sure where to clean out cause I don't know the drain path and I can't feel one with the electrical fish tape either. 
Any one have a schematic or drawing for this boats drain path?
Any other ideas would help too. 

Comments

• Options
    floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    the drain is usually just a small hole at the engine end of locker just in front of the fuel tank (on mine), it plugs up with dirt and slime from skis. empty the skis and anything else and feel around with a coat hanger until you find it and then run water for a while and rod out the hole with the hanger 'til flows easy! I do it to mine once a season. 2005 212 rx1 captiva.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 192 at one point. Is your ski locker carpeted? Mine was. A notch had been cut out of the carpet at the aft end of the ski locker to allow water to drain through a hole in the fiberglass.  I don't know if the piece of carpet that was on the other side of the hole came from that cut notch or somewhere else but that was what was blocking the water. I agree 100% with Floater 212. You may have to work at it. Those drains (on many brands) are notoriously bad for jamming up!
  • Options
    partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭

You can buy a fairly inexpensive($25) lighted snake camera/borescope that attaches to your smartphone that will show you exactly what you're dealing down there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191753381904?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

• Options
    rcjetpilotrcjetpilot Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with a Captiva 24....  Any one know where the drain is exactly so that I can snake it.. I used a camera(borescope) from Home Depot but cannot locate where it drains...

• Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    @JTremaine Did you ever fix your problem with the 192 ski locker not draining?  I am having the same problem.