Trailered today for service

redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold

Comments

• Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    God, no matter how many I see... Rinker makes a beautiful boat!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    @chamberb........ Agreed!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Very nice..  Much different lines than mine.  Dare I say the rear-end has that more distinct searay look to it.  Which I like.
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    What I like in a re..... well, nevermind :)
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Craig I dont agree with you. To me a SeaRay looks like a big "sneaker". The backs (to me) look totally different. I do not like the look of a SR but love the look of a Rinker....... Just say'n.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Used to love the looks of the Sun Dancers. Until I got my Rinker haha
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong overall I prefer the look of my boat all day.  Otherwise I would have bought a searay.  I guess what I'm referring to is it seems most mfg's are moving to that more arching and gradual rub rail line which does not fall off as steep in the aft area.  Which I like.  Picture of my boat below for reference to what I'm talking about.

• Options
    Hoping to be back on the lake this weekend.  New trim sensors and all service pulling drives. 
    Also, a little gel coat fix.  Interesting, when docking at a buddy's house, moving boat and tying off, my thumb sunk into the side of the boat.   Apparently an air bubble in mold the size of a 1/2 dollar. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, that's not good. I respectfully suggest that you need to clarify if that was some uncured resin that attracted water or another cause but don't just let the gel coat guy fill it in. I would ascertain the extent of the area and make sure any offending material was removed and properly dried before repair - which I'm sure you are doing!
  • Options
    There are products that will permeate your fiberglass to re strengthen areas such as you have found but I have never used them. Some guys swear by them. I am old school, identify the extent, remove it all, dry the area well, prep it, fill it, seal it, gel coat it,
  • Options
  • Options
    red....where is that? It doesn't look like the exterior hull? Is it just an inner liner?
  • Options
  • Options

Thanks for the picture. My first reaction is that I don't believe it is in a high stress area that can compromise the hull. Al may correct me and I would certainly defer to his vast experience with Rinkers. Do you have a picture from the inside?

• Options
    No inside pics.  It just collapsed when I applied pressure with my thumb.  
  • Options
    My next step would to be to use one of thos e construction cameras that have a camera on a gooseneck to determine the size iof the hole. I'd have it available for a gel coat guy to see. I think this will be an easy fix for a good fiberglass/gel coat guy, I know mine would be all over it. As I mentioned earlier there are a great range of products to stabilize and repair the area to "as new" strength and appearance. It must be analyzed by an expert though and properly dried before repair. I think you will be fine!
  • Options
    Back in the water Friday afternoon.  New trim sensors and gauges, new bellows, gimble bearings.  Motors & generator serviced.  Drives services.  Hopefully good for a while now.
  • Options
    Oh, also got the gelcoat fix done.  
  • Options
    @redlightning, glad to hear the gelcoat fix is done. Not a big job I assume from the post?