Options

Typing Issues

BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

The typing issues seem to have been resolved I'm in Chrome now and everything is fine found no problems in IE or Firefox today how is everyone else doing on this issue.                                                                                                       Boomer

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    It seems better today. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Ultimately there was a tiny glitch in the coding of the forum theme...took a while to track down, but appears that everything is working full speed now. Let me know if anything changes. And thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Fixed! Thanks for the effort.  ^:)^

Now if I could indefinitely edit/delete my posts. Collecting my thoughts to post while I should be making hay for the boss is a hit-n-miss effort at best. Other times I'll read an older post and even I can't figure out what I meant....or worse, it just seems rude the way the words came together.

Work in the day and Rum at night, a 60min edit window is just not ideal for quickly conveying a rational and well intended thought from my aging gourd :-t
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Okay, Tiki...now everyone's got a full week to make changes to their posts. Now where's that rum? Hah!
  • Options
    Ah hah....found a way to give you guys "Indefinite Edits"...original author should be able to make changes at any time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! Drinks are on me...... :D

Thanks for running that one down so quick. We're really not used to that kind of attn from a web host. What a refreshing change this has been. Great site. Thanks again for your effort. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Very good!  For some reason my typing here at, well not at home, is still slow.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Hey Dream...now try emptying your browser cache again...you might be reloading the old pages. Checked on all browsers, and it should be screaming fast now.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Testing, testing...

Just cleared cache. Typing is slow in IE8.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Hmmm...Chrome & Firefox are blazing over here...even Safari!
  • Options
    I am use Chrome and its screaming fast. So much better than before... Thanks Steve. Hey Dream back to w@&k.......lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Well, I have IE8 at home and it doesn't seem too bad, but not real fast.  Not sure what I have at work, (Probably older) but it is definitely slow there.

• Options
    We may have tapped our options on this side. Perhaps a browser update or different browser? Right now, Google Chrome is the best I've found.
  • Options
    Steve, thanks for what you have done with this!  I do have IE8 at work as well.  Maybe I just need to reboot or clear things out differently here.

• Options

Steve,

Could this be due to a firewall issue. I think it is slower at work than at home.  There's about a 5 second lag right now and I'm at work. Lots of security here.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    That's possible I guess.  Definitely plent of firewall where I work as well.  I will say typing this really fast here at home it doesn't keep up either.  I think I just need to go have a cold one!  (love having every other Friday off!)

• Options
    Hah...sounds good! I talked to the site developer about this, and we may be a little over-firewalled at the moment. Just trying to keep out the "S" word. He is getting back to me with options.
  • Options
    For the sake of humanity please continue to keep the S..m out. It most definitely wore out the mods, contributors and eventually the host on the last site. Your recent tweaks seem real close to the sweet spot and I continue to be amazed at how accommodating you've been to getting it perfect.
    Thanks again, Mike
  • Options

Steve, I am using IE10 at home and it is lightnin' fast here.  So, comparing to my work computer (which is actually MUCH better hardware than the computer at home) it can only be:

- Firewall between me, my work, and this forum.  I have obviously a much more complex firewall system at work.  So it may not be you guys, it may be the firewall at work.

OR

- IE8 (at work) vs. IE10 at home.  I will try and upgrade IE to 10 at work, if they let me. Then we will know for sure if it is that or the firewall/security.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    All typing issues are gone for me. IE or Chrome......all good