Options

246CC Full Cover Recommendations

elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
I always have the cockpit cover on the boat when not in use but thinking because it's black and I'm constantly fighting oxidation that I may want to start keeping a full cover on it when in the driveway to help keep it clean and out of the sun. 

Any recommendations on a full cover for a 246CC?  Also as a noob I assume that I do not also put the cockpit cover on it correct?  Do they come with the ability to use the center support post to ensure the water runs off?

Comments

• Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    Every full cover I have bought was junk and I never came across a good one. They always ended up leaking and the supports they give (the ones I had) were cheap. If you left your cockpit cover on with it you would probably be alright but I wouldn't trailer it with it. I trailered a old boat of mine with one for a 3 hour ride and it was shredded by the time I got to my destination. I should also add I never spent over $150 on one (18 foot open bow at the time) too so there might be some better ones out there. 

Yea I wouldn't trailer it with a full cover on. My boat sits outside on a concrete pad next to my garage when not being used so that's the only time the full cover would go on.  Looks like high end covers go for 700-1000 bucks.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    I will say, I have a full cover (down past water line) that I use thru the winter.  Now, I know yours is for a totally different reason and would want it to be simpler to remove.  But, I thought I'd just add how much it helps protect the boat for that period of time.  You could have one made out of a material such as stamoid light (which is what my winter cover is made out of) and just go over the rub rails with a nice snug fit.  The stamoid light material is amazing (5 winter seasons with mine and still looks new - I've heard people get 15 winters with them) and is a very light weight material.  See if someone local could custom make one for you.  If done right, it will be easy to use (so you'll use it more), your boat will stay cleaner, and leave you more time to boat. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express