Options

Help with Bunk set up

Just purchased a 2000 Fiesta Vee 340 and need to set up the bunks on my trailer. Wondering if anyone can give me some measurements.

Comments

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Try calling load rite trailers they helped me when I did my old 242 
  • Options
    Wire2WireWire2Wire Member Posts: 4
    Thank you will give them a call.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al, bless you...your talking to 3 year olds here...do what?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

my 2 cents don't let your transom hang past the end of the bunks as it puts too much pressure on it. I like to have the transom outer edge at the rear bunks 1-2" towards the front of the trailer - past the end of the transom. I cringe when I see a big boat stored on a bunk trailer with 3" of the transom hanging off the end...but then I am a bit cautious LOL

BTW the gel coat/fiberglass guy I respect so much told me that improper calibration of trailer bunks and particularly roller trucks results in more hull hooks and deformations than he can keep up with.

Al has some great advice above on how to set-up your bunks to avoid serious bottom damage.

Another piece of advise the gel coat/fiberglass guy gave me was to loosen the bow and stern safety straps during long storage periods (of course in a safe manner) to avoid deforming the hull due to "pull down" stresses. Made sense to me so I did it.

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Wire2WireWire2Wire Member Posts: 4
    Thank you all for the help. I just had trailer modified so all bunks are adjustable.  Hopefully all will go well when I get there to pick her up.
    Thanks Again,
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    When I adjusted the forward bunks on my trailer, I guesstimated at what they should be, loaded the boat then took a floor jack under the first bunk, loosened the adjusting bolts, lifted the bunk into the correct position with the floor jack and tightened the adjustment bolts - then the same process for the second forward bunk.