Options

BBQ Grills

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
If anyone hasn't got their BBQ for the coming season I finally got a look at a Kuuma grill. I had seen them advertised but never had a close up look at one until today. Visiting my old marina I met a guy I knew who bought a Kuuma for about $190 he also bought the pedestal mount for his swim platform but said you can buy a rail or rod mount. I had a good look at it right out of the box and it compared very favorably with the Magma grill I paid over $400 for. It was highly polished SS with very good fit and finish. If someone had slapped a Magma logo on it I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference from a quality perspective. For half the price I was really impressed. A guy in our condo bought a Springfield grill for about $100 but it wasn't anywhere near the quality of the Kuuma or Magma....and of course, it wasn't SS.

Comments

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Thanks great info! That's on my list of wants. I did see one at the boat show this year , it did look very good in person. 
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    I have a Kuuma I want to sell. If you are interested let me know
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @earl1z19 do you like the Kuuma?  Seeing mixed reviews on Amazon.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in @eqrl1z19s real world test of the Kuuma....The igniter on the Kuuma looked better than the one I had on the Magma. On my first Magma the igniter failed within months and had to be replaced. Luckily it was under warranty. Even the second one started to misfire to the point that I had a gas BBQ igniter stick at hand in case! The heat indicator on the magma failed within weeks, was replaced under warranty and failed again within weeks so I gave up on that. For over $400 the Magma, IMO, should have been better quality. They say you  get what you pay for....maybe not with the first Magma I had. The second one a Newport Infrared model was a lot better although the heat indicator was erratic.
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @shawnmjr I love that little cubby for storage on your swim platform. Wish my 280 had something like that for sure. Looks great!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Now that is cool.  Screw a yeti, you got a swim platform cooler.  

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Or a good place to store wet items like rafts or such I'd think.  I keep some large inflatables under my "rumble" seat in the back because it is a wet storage with drains.  Others I know also use it for fenders.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express