Options

LED Drink Holders

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know a bunch of guys have replaced drink holders with fancy LED up-grades. ITC makes some nice ones that have the LEDs in different places. I like the models that have the lights are mounted around the upper rim, which IMO is better because the light would show when a drink was IN the holder. They seem to cost about $25 and up. My friend just ordered 10 LED holders from EBay at $9 each. He didn't know who made them but he said they were shipped from Elkhart Indiana.....maybe they will start showing up in Rinkers :-) ...but $9 did seem reasonable. I think they only come in blue and there are other multi colored drink holders available. I don't know if they are making color changing drink holder LEDs yet. that would be cool! 

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am considering replacing my 2 jump seat drink holders with the ITC ones with the LED in the drink holder. I can't go with the rim style LED's because of clearance issues with the hatch. I already have LED's under the jump seat lighting up the swim platform, so the drink holders would add to the effect. I would like to do a few of them in the cockpit, but I have 9 of them, which would be a lot of blue light. I already have tri color spreader lights and blue courtesy lights. The admiral might throw me overboard with concrete boots if I add 9 more to the mix.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    It was me and it was 17 holders I believe in my 246.  I bought the ITC after buying one off eBay to look at and the ITC was much better. $11 I paid for one on eBay that had no labels or part number vs $23 each via Amazon for the ITC. 

My pic looks weird due to led and time of the evening but you get the point.  I also swapped the LED floor lights for the same in blue. 

Many installer charged me 100 bucks to dig out the old ones and install the new wiring all to an AUX switch on the dash that was already there but unused. 

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Thats a lot of cup holders for sure. Going to look great at night for sure
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Those ugly plastic ones on the boat gotta go!!  But darn it, $23 bucks a pop!  Has anyone bought any from a company, AMarine-made?  They are $10 on Amazon, eligible for Free Shipping with my Prime account.