Options

Holding tank sensor

does anyone know how to remove this cap?  I believe it is the sensor to the holding tank. It isn't working and I would like to try and clean it to see if a i can get a reading on it. 

Comments

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    From the looks of it its threaded on. Have you tried that?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    Right, just unplug the cable and unscrew the sensor. You can probably revive it by cleaning it.  If not, I think they cost around $80.  

Suggestion: if you have a pump-out facility that will let you hang out for a few minutes, do this: pump out, remove sensor, spray inside of tank with a hose, pump out again.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the fresh water tank?
  • Options
    If you need to replace it, I would suggest a Wema sender. I have one for my fuel and another one for my waste tank level as well
  • Options
    dhlOASISdhlOASIS Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    thanks everyone for the helpful information.  My husband (CAPTAIN) tried to unscrew it but it is so tight i was afraid he would break it. <span>:smiley:</span> A good captain always adheres to the ADMIRAL, right?  :)   I knew i could take a pic and ask here. We do have a pump-out facility and will follow your suggestions.  thanks again.
  • Options
    does the cable just pull out?
  • Options
    Most of the senders I have encountered are part of the actual assembly and not able to unplugged. After zooming in that looks to be the case as well
  • Options
    Thanks @jme097. I appreciate your help.