Options

340 Hatch Motor Help

At the end of last years boating season, I noticed the hatch motor was struggling to raise the deck.  I planned to rely on RBO for insight and guidance once spring came......needless to say I was shocked and saddened to see it gone.  I am seeing many of my old friends on here, I am really needing some help sourcing a replacement motor.  Anybody out there had the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Glad you found us over here!  I'm sure someone will ring in.  Steve, our new admin has been doing great & may be able to supply an answer of exactly what to get if a replacement is needed.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Working on solution for you, BAB!
  • Options
    ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I replaced the actuator in my 340 last season...let me find the detail and get back to you. Replacement works awesome and the install was a breeze....pulled the two pins and connected the harness and I was in business!!!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Don't bother trying to replace the motor, not worth the time, effort or cost. Cheaper to replace the whole unit.
    2. Make sure the replacement is marine rated
    3. Replace with similar load ratings, thread pitch, and stroke length
    4. You can upgrade with limit switches, nice control that way.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you know this or not. There is a grease fitting on those. Maybe it's low.
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    if the lack of grease caused the issue, it's now too late.  Once the gears or even worse, the ball nut or screw threads are damaged it's all over.  You probably will find the manufacturer won't sell internal parts anyways, I know the company I work for won't.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Sorry for the delay in responding as it took me a while to find my old emails. I ordered my replacement actuator from Eddie Marine. It was the 24" 12 V model with a 500# capacity. It works great, and I have had no issues with it, but it did require me to remove the sleeve and connect the actuator directly to the hatch itseld. Other than that the install was very much a plug n play. Overall I felt it was much better quality than the unit it replaced. I know another 342 owner from RBO bought the same unit and was very happy with it as well.

The person I spoke with @ Eddie Marine was JC and you can reach him @ 909-945-2830. The package weighs approximately 18 lbs. and ships in a 36 x 6 x 6 box. Hope that helps.

Kurt

Post edited by ruwallydog on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Glad its all fix. Just wondering how much was that unit?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Raybo..the unit cost me $295 when I bought it a year and a half ago. When I checked their site today to see if it was still available it was listed @ $340.

Best!

Kurt
  • Options
    Is it a Warner Linear actuator?

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Thanks for the info,
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BigAssBarBigAssBar Member Posts: 1
    Thanks ruwallydog, I am heading up to our lake place tonight.  I plan on going through the entire hatch before the holiday weekend.  This is a great contact if that turns out to be the problem.  Cheers!