Options

Mears Point Marina

BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
Has anyone locate in Maryland every stay at Mears Point Marina in Kent County. The Admiral and I plan on going down on May 31. Is there anything we need to know.  Plan on taking power line, water line... anything else. 
Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great place. Been there to party but never by boat. Nice place. Have fun
  • Options
    Go eat at Annie's steak house
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    Been there by boat.  Nothing really to note except make sure to get the latest on entering the channel from the north.  It changes frequently and people that don't pay attention can hit ground due to shoaling.  Pool is really nice there.  They may have cable TV, if you care to connect.  We've enjoyed the places on the south side of the bridge as well, and you can probably walk to them if you desire.  Enjoy!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I bought my boat there from there.  Great Marina.  Stay away from the brokers as they are a POS.  Other than that great!

A few great restaurants within walking distance.

And yes shallow water, captain of my sea trial ran aground.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the advise and I will check out the steak house and I have to go and enjoy streamed crabs. This is my first time owner of a cruiser and traveling more than 20 miles from my dock.  I'm ready for a new adventure on the water.
  • Options
    Make sure you have Towing insurance, you know how reliable boats are.
  • Options
    Handy - I had to get towed from Fairlee Creek to Frog Mortar Creek and cost me $450.  I've learned my lesson.  Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Boat US unlimited tow package is $160 a year.  Cheap insurance if ya ever need a tow. 
  • Options

Bayrunner, good luck with the adventures.  I highly recommend buying yourself the latest "Guide to Cruising Chesapeake Bay"

http://www.amazon.com/2015-Guide-Cruising-Chesapeake-Bay/dp/1884726208

We bought one our first year of boating (back in '99) and read the first couple pages.  It had a 10 day trip in it....we said, "well, let's do this in June".  We've done a 10-day trip in June and August every year since!  the book has fantastic things about marinas, anchorages, even things in there like, that tree on the northern bank of such and such river has Eagle's nest.  Also has contacts for all the marinas.  We've bought new ones every 4 or 5 years...my last one the admiral got me is now for the ICW.  (hint, hint)

If you have any questions/concerns about any traveling on the bay, just ask.  We've been all over it from VA beach thru the C&D, and yet still so much more to see!

& don't forget to hook up with us all at the Chesapeake Rinkervous in July! :)

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get $5000 tow coverage with my boat insurance.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I have the same as Navy but I never need it with Diesels just sayin. 
  • Options
    thanks all, I may have to up my tow rate since it was for a 21 foot and now I have the 312 FV.  Probably cost more to tow this boat.  Dream_Inn I look forward to meeting up with all.  Just let me know the exact date and I'll be there.
  • Options
    ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Member Posts: 98 ✭✭

2004 Cruisers Yachts 320 W/6.2L I/B's

Boat Name- Anchor Management, Mayo MD

• Options
    Bayrunner, it's July 15-17 at Still Pond.  Let us now how Memorial day goes at Mears.

• Options
    Dream_Inn I will let you know how our first venture goes.  Really excited and hope for good weather.  I should make it to Still Pond.  Haven't been there in years.