Options

06' 342 Toilet Pump Location?

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went to use the Jabsco Electric head for the first time and had no prime. Bled from through hull to inline filter, still no prime. Ended up using a garden hose to force the water to the head and voila, prime. All good. Question is this - Obviously the macerator is attached to the toilet, but there is a separate pump for filling the bowl with water. I can hear it behind the shower. Is there an easy way to get to it? Thanks!
07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Pump is located in the aft cabin under the cushions on the port side
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The water pump on my '03 342 is behind the shelf insert in the shower. Pull that and the pump is right there. That is also how you get to the thru hulls for the shower sump and the bilge discharge from under the rear berth. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks! Dan under my port aft cabin cushions is the thru hull intake for the toilet & AC and both filters along with the shower sump tank but no water pumps. 
    BD that makes sence. I thought about pulling the shower shelf but it is caulked so I didnt want to pull unless I was confident in the pump being there. Will have a look. THANKS

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's there, trust us 342 guys
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Thanks! I have another water pump question but I was going to post a pic this weekend so that you can see what I am talking about.. In the engine room there is the main freshwater pump. The output line goes 2 feet to a T fitting with a valve. From the T there are two outputs. One goes in to the boat and the other is just loose. Connected to nothing. The T valve closes it off so it doesn' leak water in to the engine room but it seems odd that there is just a lose hose like that. Do you all have the same?

• Options
    May be a point where you can add antifreeze to the system
  • Options
    On my 05 342 there is a water pump to fill the head right after the inlet in the aft cabin as I previously stated. The pump to send the waste from the head to the tank is as BD mentioned
    Loose hose is so that you can winterize it....it bypasses the water tank
  • Options
    My grinder pump is on the bottom of the head. Pump to fill toilet is behind shower wall.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold on, which Jabsco electric head do you have?  Did you get the conversion kit for the manual pumping head?  If so the pump is actually right under the dial that you turn left and right to flush. The macerator is at the very bottom of that unit.

You should be able to follow your water line from the bowl to where the pump is.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Thanks guys. I kinda wish my water fill pump for the toilet was under the aft cabin like Dans, would be easier, but it sounds (literally) like it is behind the shower like Handy. No issues with it, was just wondering where it is. This is not a conversion kit, came as an electric head from factory. Has the macerator under the toilet but a separate freshwater fill which as I said sounds to be behind the shower. Thanks!

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bonus of the pump being located where it is, is it is above the water line.

At least on the 342..if you pull that shelf in the shower, you'll find both the shower sump and the mid-berth bilge pump discharge hoses do not have a 'loop' on either, thus water can backflow from those thru hulls.  If you look at the height of both thru hulls to the water line you can easily see how running in bigger waves can cause a little problem.  Ask me how I know.  lol  I added a section of tube to make a loop for each.  Problem solved.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    On my 342 the shower sump is under my cushions in the aft cabin.
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    He is talking about the pump that brings water to toilet its behind shower shelf
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Yep, my shower sump tank is under the aft cabin cushions too. Just found out its shot, was nasty so I yanked it out and bought a whole new one. This thread was indeed about the pump that brings water to the toilet.  Thanks! 

• Options
    He is talking about the pump that brings water to toilet its behind shower shelf
    It was and we already answered him on that.