Options

246CC SeaDek Install has begun!

elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
Platform today and then a pause as the temp drops here in the great north for a few days. Looks amazing!

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    I really like that look. Very nice!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm really happy with the material and color. I think it's going to look great. 

That said I'm not to impressed with the cutting of the material.  I made the templates very, very carefully.  Doing that I didn't ask for a final full size paper template because it was going to add a couple more weeks to the timing.  I wish now I had done it. I will say that being anal and the installer, I'm the only one that will notice the cut issues...my wife and daughter came and looked and thought I was nuts.  Lol
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what your issues are but I know that when I installed mine, it didn't take much to stretch it and I had a small overlap.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    DanD2 said:
    Not sure what your issues are but I know that when I installed mine, it didn't take much to stretch it and I had a small overlap.
    Yea I have stretched mine a bit in a couple places but not much because the rep specifically warned me against stretching as do the instructions. Just not cut to the template in a few areas.  Nothing anyone else will notice or care about but my OCD was flaming. Lol
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @elarson5757. The gray is my favorite color and you will find it is cooler on a hot day than the darker colors. I have stepped directly from the transom with gray Seadek right onto a boat with darker color and the difference was very noticeable. P.S. The Rinker logo looks so great!
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    @elarson5757. The gray is my favorite color and you will find it is cooler on a hot day than the darker colors. I have stepped directly from the transom with gray Seadek right onto a boat with darker color and the difference was very noticeable. P.S. The Rinker logo looks so great!
    Funny as I had read that SeaDek was requiring people to get a letter or email from Rinker allowing the use of the logo. 

I called to place the final order and add the logo and they never blinked an eye. 

Their or estimate after the drawings were done was 1790.00.  They charged me 1495 out the door shipped when it was all done and arrived. 

In talking with my rep it sounds like they always estimate high by 20% or so to be safe and then charge you actual when they are done. 

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @elarson5757 my seadek had a couple areas where the cut was terrible as well. Did the best I could but still noticeable. You'll be happy after its done
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    jme097 said:
    @elarson5757 my seadek had a couple areas where the cut was terrible as well. Did the best I could but still noticeable. You'll be happy after its done
    Yea @jme097 nothing really, really bad so far but I'm OCD big time. In the end nobody else would really ever notice what I see. 
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    I just ordered the templates!!!
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Thats exactly my issue @elarson5757 lol. I know its there and thats what the dagger is haha. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Rest of the install is done.  Had several more factory cut issues however my wife couldn't even see them. Biggest one is seat/table bases not centered in the SeaDek openings. 

Unlike all the other 246CC's I've seen I carried the flooring up the bow steps and window walk thru opening. 

I love it however!!!!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done. It looks great.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done. It looks great. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the detail is slick,
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    RinkerRookieRinkerRookie Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Question: I have snap-in/out carpets in my 246 BR.  Did yours have them?  If so, what did you fill the holes with when you removed the snaps from the floors?

PS - Looks awesome!
    Fin and Tonic (w/Lime)...
  • Options
    Question: I have snap-in/out carpets in my 246 BR.  Did yours have them?  If so, what did you fill the holes with when you removed the snaps from the floors?

PS - Looks awesome!
    Yes mine had full snap in carpet as well.  I pulled the snaps, cleaned everything with acetone and filled the holes with 3M 5200. 
  • Options
    @elarson5757. I love that install..... best one I have ever seen. I showed it to the Admiral I was so impressed. She was so impressed that if we had kept our EC 360 I would have installed it. Can you imagine an all black hull with the gray with black striped decking and logos of your install?!
  • Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    giving me some ideas now MichaelT!! looks good Elarson5757

• Options
    Michael T said:
    @elarson5757. I love that install..... best one I have ever seen. I showed it to the Admiral I was so impressed. She was so impressed that if we had kept our EC 360 I would have installed it. Can you imagine an all black hull with the gray with black striped decking and logos of your install?!
    It looks great @Michael T and I wouldn't do anything different.  My boat is a black hull and the gray is just awesome with black lines. 

I will say I'm struggling to keep it clean. Generally dirty feet from the sand bar, dropped food, etc.  I just haven't found the right product I can spray on and brush/rinse. 
  • Options
    @elarson......my grandfather once said a beautiful car and a beautiful woman can be expensive to maintain but then........ :-)
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    @elarson......my grandfather once said a beautiful car and a beautiful woman can be expensive to maintain but then........ :-)
    Clearly he knew what he was talking about @Michael T
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I'm putting this back on the front page for @gtyee to see in case he missed it because I think it is such an awesome color and look and would be a knock-out for his Black hulled EC310!

@elarson5757's install is one of the most impressive that I have ever seen color and style wise!

• Options
    Michael T said:

I'm putting this back on the front page for @gtyee to see in case he missed it because I think it is such an awesome color and look and would be a knock-out for his Black hulled EC310!

@elarson5757's install is one of the most impressive that I have ever seen color and style wise!

Thank you.  It turned out great and frankly it's gets a ton of attention, questions, and compliments.  
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Nice boat and the floor looks awesome. I'm thinking Christmas present ( I always like to get me done first)!
  • Options
    If I had kept either the 310 or the 360 I was thinking of some type of flooring. Some of the examples I looked at were too hot on the feet and didn't match, imo, the color schemes of either boat. I have been told the gray is cooler on the feet and that some newer products are also cooler on the feet and more durable as well as having a cushioning effect.
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    If I had kept either the 310 or the 360 I was thinking of some type of flooring. Some of the examples I looked at were too hot on the feet and didn't match, imo, the color schemes of either boat. I have been told the gray is cooler on the feet and that some newer products are also cooler on the feet and more durable as well as having a cushioning effect.
    My gray/black faux teak as you see above wasn't hot to the touch at any point on the hottest days this summer.  We walked and sat on it without hesitation and at over 1/4" thick it provides a soft comfortable base. 
  • Options

Yes, @elarson5757. I've stood on the gray on an 85 degree day and it was fine. THAT'S why I recommended that @gtyee look at your rig!

I have stood on an early Rinker oem "brown" decking a few years back and it was HOT. The owner had to keep hosing it down with the transom hose PITA!

I noticed in a recent video that Kim Slocum stated that Rinker had a new supplier whose product was much cooler on the feet - awesome.

Plus I REALLY like that gray color!