Options

New Owner Here - 2000 310 FV

JstewJstew Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
I just purchased a 2000 310 FV and a 15k lb Polylift (package deal).  5.0 with only 173 hours on the motors and 68 hours on the gen set.   All systems check out.  I've known the owner since he purchased it in 2000 and he has taken meticulous care with full professional service records. He just didn't use it that much and now wants to get a smaller/faster boat for his children/granchildren.  He was kind enough to let me take her out for a full weekend and it ran flawlessly.   I'm having Waves and Wheels (Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri) install a new Focal sound system and replace the TV with a flatscreen/dvd.  Aside from a thorough cleaning/detailing/compounding/waxing, here are the issues I need to address:
1.  The cockpit carpet is dry rotted and needs to be replaced.
2.  The canvas is OEM and in great shape but the zippers are toast and need to be replaced.  The included camper enclosure has never been used.
3.   The tv antenna is analog and needs to be replaced with digital.
4.   The waste water gauge reads full even though the boat was just recommissioned.
5.   And in general, I'm looking for ways to upgrade/modernize (e.g., LED lighting, etc.)

Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

John E.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice boat and lift!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, we have a 2003 model. Some comments:

1.  The cockpit carpet is dry rotted and needs to be replaced. If the rubberized underside, I have had success getting more life with a spray on rubber coating you can get from Lowes/Depot. Seals it up and stops the black rubbing off all over the place.
    2.  The canvas is OEM and in great shape but the zippers are toast and need to be replaced.  The included camper enclosure has never been used. I had a local boat canvas place replace some of mine.
    3.   The tv antenna is analog and needs to be replaced with digital. The one I have is the same and works perfectly well for over the air digital. I use an a/b switch at the dock to flip to cable but until that is up, OTA with the antenna is perfectly clear and all channels are found (22" Samsung flat screen installed)
    4.   The waste water gauge reads full even though the boat was just recommissioned. Xintex/Fireboy - need a new sensor if pullling this and cleaning doesn't fix. My fresh water was the same and a new one fixed it, the holding tank is opposiite and needs to be replaced too
    5.   And in general, I'm looking for ways to upgrade/modernize (e.g., LED lighting, etc.) All I have done is new LED nav's and put an LED strip under the swim platform.

Ian

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TV antenna will work with digital service. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Rinker boat line. I have a 2004 - 312 FV.  Here are some places to start looking for upgrades/replacements.   http://greatlakesskipper.com/, http://www.seadek.com/, you can also go on Ebay and search on Rinker parts and accessories. Good luck and hope you have as much enjoy as I do with your boat.
    Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC and good luck with your new ride.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone.  Wanted to get out on the water this weekend but it's been in the 40s here!   
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Beautiful looking boat.  My prior boat was a 2002 310 and we loved it!  With the TV upgrade, we added a bracket on both the arch and the galley cabinet.  It made it easy to move and use in both places.  The old TV area, we added a rolling style (tambour) door there and also removed the coffee pot and added one there as well (there are pics on here a while back of the whole thing if you do a search). 

LED lighting, pretty easy swap from the old lighting.  It is the G4 style and many places to find them. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Replaced all interior lights with LEDs, added a memory foam mattress, added water filters to all faucets, added big orange filter to waste tank, added blue LED courtesy lights, added custom fabricated TV mount for flat screen, new sound system with sub, new cockpit carpet, new zippers for all canvas.   Thanks to all of you who helped me find the items needed.  This is a great forum. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Looks awesome great job..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Nice boat, you wasted no time making it yours.  Is that a yeti cooler?   We have a small one on board, love it.  Holds ice for a long time!
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good now go enjoy.
    Boat Name :