Accessory switches

redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
I have 3 switches labeled acc on the dash.  I would like to use one for speaker led spacers.  I pulled the panel and they seem to have wiring tied to the output of the switches. 

Switch one-  solid orange wire / red steioe

Switch two - solid red wire / blue stripe
                     solid red wire / green stripe

Switch three - solid blue / orange stripe

any idea where these what these wires might be in place for or where they might be located?
2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold

Comments

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Those wire go nowhere. They are part of your dash wiring. If you have anything connected to the acc switch now it will only be one wire. GPS or vhf for example.
    there should be a spare pin on the switches where you would run the wire from lights or any other acc to make it trigger.
    so in other words install your light or any other acc and run the trigger wire from them to the switch in a single wire. You can ground either by the dash or anywhere else in the boat 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We found one of the wires ended up in the engine compartment close to the stern on the startboard side.  I used it for fishing equipment.  Best is to hunt them down based on color and then check for 12V by flicking the switch.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    You may get lucky and have an unused wire in the engine bay.  Rinker ran a wire for my swim lights even though I didn't have the option.  Now I do...
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rinker basically pre-assembles all the wire harnesses according to a standard. It has all the options.  It's not worth their while to run different wires depending on the option. Labor would kill them.  So they have all the same harnesses and just throw them in, whether the option is there to connect or not.

It makes it good for us if we want an option to add later on, or if we want to use a power source later on for something else.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....same as most cars..... you can often hook-up things if you know where to look!
  • redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

thanks for the feedback.  I did figure out that there are no outputs connected to the switches.  there are only positive & negative feeds along with wiring over to the circuit breaker.  I added installed a spade in the far right switch and tied in a negative to the 12v cigarette lighter connector wiring to complete the circuit.  working great for my speaker led spacers.

• jbounce3jbounce3 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    For my accessory switched on the helm panel, I hooked up a back up camera, misters and transom mounted night fishing lights.  On the battery panel accessory panel, I hooked up a Garmin 18HD Radar.  All work well.
  • redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

what product did you buy for the misters?