Options

Wet Weight of 276 Br with Arch and 350 Mag

franchrmfranchrm Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
All,

Any thoughts on wet weight of a 276 Br with arch, 350 Mag on a steel dual axle trailer, fuel, gear, etc?

Thanks

Post edited by franchrm on

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my other post 6800 lbs with gas n' gear. remember to subtract everything above one passenger and gas in the tow vehicle....everything!

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I contacted Heritage Trailers regarding the weight of the dual axle trailer for our 246. 1,300 pounds.
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Speaking from experience having been in an accident pulling a 13K lb fifth wheel with a 3/4 ton diesel truck here...

If you get an an accident your fault or not while towing, your insurance companies as well as any others involved will go to great lengths to try to prove or disprove that you were towing within the limits of the tow vehicle.  If not your insurance claim will not get paid and anyone you hit (yes even if you didn't cause it) will also sue the crap out of you and your insurance company.

Thankfully for me, towing capacity is always something I have been careful about so I was well under capacity of the truck by some 1700lbs AND was not at fault.  That said the insurance company had all the pieces picked up just so everything I was towing could be weighed, truck and hitch inspected, truck w/contents weighed, etc.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....YES. See my other post on this.... my friend who has two insurance brokerages did EXACTLY that. All parts and accessories picked up. Gas leaked out so last fuel bill was used. Environmental clean-up was the insured's responsibility! It wiped him out.