Options

2009 Rinker 340 EC, other owners? About to purchase...

Mightys4Mightys4 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
Hello everyone, 

We had a 270 Fiesta Vee, we loved it, but the timing was off and we needed to sell it.  We regretted it from the day we did it.  The old saying of the day you buy and the day you sell is hogwash.

We moved to a Chaparral cuddy cabin, we liked it in pictures, we loved it on the sea trial and we learned to not love it so much, it just didn't fit us.

We're in a much better position now and about to purchase a 2009 340 EC.  Its a great boat, survey came out well, needs some work here and there but nothing I can't handle.

Are there others out there with the later model 340 EC that has the good or bad on them?  It has twin Volvo 5.7 300 HP power, Duoprop aluminum drives (verified), digital dash, and almost every option I can imagine.  There really doesn't look like anything not to love but I'd like to hear from others before pulling the trigger.  I know 342's are out there but this boat just does it for me...

Hope to hear some good stories but please don't hold back on the bad if they are out there.  We loved our first Rinker and want to be back in the family.

Look forward to hearing from others.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we decided we needed more size and decided to trade our EC 310 for a bigger Rinker we looked at a new 2013 EC 340 at our dealership. It was reduced for sale and a great bargain. The salesman (who we'd known for 20 years) said "I'd probably be shot for saying this but go look at a 350 or 360. For not much more money it's a lot more boat. The huge difference is in the cabin, particularly with the queen walk around front berth and shower stall as well as increased storage space and kitchen space." He was totally correct. So, I respectfully suggest that you look at a used 350 or 360. If you do get serious about a 350 or 360 only consider those with 496s or 502s. IMO you will want a 350 or 360 within a year of buying a 340.